Encompass Health Rehabilitation Hospital of Richardson is
seeking a Director of Therapy to join the leadership team.
Hospital website: https://www.encompasshealth.com/richardsonrehab
Hospital address: 3351 Waterview Parkway; Richardson, TX
The Therapy Operations Director organizes, develops, directs and supervises all aspects of Therapy Operations, to include inpatient and outpatient therapy; and may include other hospital services or development of special clinical programs to provide the highest degree of quality care possible. In addition, the Therapy Operations Director:
-Requires effective management skills along with good communication skills for interdepartmental relationships
-Is responsible for staffing and scheduling to provide adequate coverage for patient treatments
-Represents Therapy Operations in hospital meetings and participates as key member of hospital leadership
-Is responsible for the preparation and monitoring of financial and budgeting concerns for all departments under its control
-Maintains open and on-going communication with the Cheif Nursing Officer and hospital Medical Director to ensure patient, staff and hospital needs are met
-Provides clinical direction for evaluation, assessment, care planning and treatment of a wide variety of clinical diagnosis
The Therapy Operations Director is the motivational leader for staff to improve personal performance and is responsible for the operation of the department, measurement, assessment and continuous improvement of the department's performance.
To attract and retain the best professionals, we offer a comprehensive and competitive Benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, 401(k), college savings plan, employee assistance program, pre-paid legal plan and much more.
Who will you treat? We are an acute rehabilitation hospital setting. Typically our therapists can expect to spend an average of 2-4 weeks with our patients treating a wide clinical caseload such as: stroke, spinal cord injury, brain injury, various neurological disorders, rheumatoid arthritis, osteoarthritis, amputation, joint replacement, fractures, multiple trauma, cardiac conditions, and pulmonary conditions. 80% of our patients are discharged directly home.
We use evidence-based practice guidelines to treat our patients. We utilize our clinical outcomes to assess and improve our treatment interventions and programs. We participate in a national outcomes database, which provides benchmarks and sophisticated outcome reports to help us continually analyze and improve our patient outcomes.
You will use standard and advanced therapy technologies- depending on hospital location, some equipment used such as Auto Ambulators, Bioness, Interactive Metronome, Hand Mentor, SmartStep, Anodyne, Wii and CAPs may be available.
Helping you become a better therapist is critical to our success
- You will be paired with mentors; attend in-house as well as external educational programs. The treatment team is made up of full time therapists, nurses, social workers, pharmacists and medical staff; a great way to learn beyond your own discipline.
Job Code: 100000
License or Certification:
- Current State license in Physical Therapy, Occupational Therapy, or Speech Language Pathology.
-CPR certification preferred unless otherwise required by hospital policy.
Education, Training and Experience:
- Successfully completed a Bachelor's degree or higher from an accredited therapy program
- Additional training with a Master's or Doctor's degree in either professional or management area is preferred.
- Minimum five years of rehabilitation experience with two years in management is required.
- Good visual acuity and ability to communicate.
- Ability to lift, lower, push, pull, and retrieve objects weighing a minimum of 30 pounds of medical supplies and equipment and the transferring and repositioning of patients. Reasonable assistance may be requested when lifting, pushing, and/or pulling are undertaken which exceeds these minimum requirements.
3351 Waterview Parkway, Richardson 75080Job ID: