Encompass Health Careers
Infection Control Practitioner / Registered Nurse
Fairlawn Rehabilitation Hospital
Fairlawn Rehabilitation Hospital, a joint venture between UMass Memorial Healthcare and HealthSouth
We are a 110 bed acute rehabilitation hospital located in Worcester, MA. We provide comprehensive Inpatient and Outpatient rehabilitative care for orthopedic, neurologic, multi-trauma, brain injury, stroke, pulmonary and cardiac rehabilitation needs.
We are a clinical hospital setting with a full complement of Therapists, Nurses, Pharmacists, Neuropsychologists and Medical staff to consistently offer the best possible outcomes for our patients.
With an average length of stay between 1-3 weeks, we have the ability to get to know our patients and their families. We are proud of the fact that 80% of the patients admitted to Fairlawn Rehabilitation Hospital of Worcester, MA are discharged directly to their homes.
Come see how we are changing people’s lives- Everyday. Maybe you can too!
We are interviewing for an Infection Control Practitioner
- The Infection Control Practitioner (ICP) directs managerial functions of planning, organizing, coordinating, implementing, monitoring, and evaluating the Infection Control Program.
- The ICP has the authority of the Medical Staff and Governing Body to take necessary steps to prevent and/or control the acquisition and transmission of infectious agents in the patient, staff, and visitor populations.
- The Infection Control Practitioner (ICP) is responsible for the surveillance, analysis, and reporting of hospital acquired infections; educating employees about infection control; and the development of organizational infection control standards that meet state and federal regulatory and accrediting bodies, CDC, OSHA, and APIC guidelines.
License or Certification:
- Registered Nurse, BSN or MSN
- Clinical Laboratory Scientist possible
Training in infection control - 1 year experience in acute hospital infection control practice preferred.
- Familiarity with CDC, OSHA, and APIC guidelines.
- Formal training and clinical education experience preferred.
Address: 189 May Street, Worcester 01602
Shift: Day Job
Job ID: 1822368