Encompass Health Careers
Physical Therapist- Outpatient Clinic
New England Rehabilitation Hospital of Woburn, MA a 200 bed acute physical rehabilitation hospital north of Boston, MA with on-site Outpatient services. Part of the HealthSouth family, we are poised for exciting growth and we look forward to providing high levels of care for our patients.
Our Woburn, MA Outpatient Program provides the following PT services:
- Orthopedic and Sport Injuries
- Neuro Rehab
- Vestibular – Balance & Gait
- Spinal Cord Injuries
- Bioness -LE
- FES Bike
- Parkinson’s- Lee Silverman-BIG
- Our onsite OT and SLP services provide extensive additional services such as:
Neuro Rehab, Cognitive Retraining, Driver Evaluation, Bioness – UE, UE Robotics:In Motion, Myomo, Aphasia, Cognitive Retraining, Voice Therapy, Dysarthria, Fluency Disorders (stuttering), Swallowing/Dysphagia
The Outpatient Physical Therapist is part of a full team of rehabilitation specialists including Occupational Therapy, Speech Therapy, Nursing and Medical staff providing therapy treatment and patient care according to hospital, state, professional and federal regulations and guidelines. In addition, the position:
- Requires effective communication skills for working with patients, families, caregivers, and departmental and interdepartmental relationships.
- Requires competency in physical therapy evaluation, assessment, care planning and treatment.
- Requires task delegation and supervision of physical therapist assistants and technicians.
- Maintains open and on-going communication with hospital departments to ensure patient, staff, and hospital needs are met.
Our Outpatient therapists provide follow-up services for our discharged inpatients as well as numerous direct referrals from community resource, providing both orthopedic and neurologic conditions.
To attract and retain the best professionals, we offer a comprehensive and competitive benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, 401(k), college savings plan, employee assistance program, pre-paid legal plan and much more.
Keywords: Physical Therapist, PT, outpatient rehab, orthopedics, outpatient, work hardening, outpatient neuro, rehab hospital, 01801
- Must be in possession of current state license or certification on or before the first day of employment.
- CPR certification preferred unless otherwise required by hospital policy.
- Successful completion of a degree from an accredited therapy program or one that is determined to be substantially equivalent to a U.S. accredited program by an appropriate certifying agency preferred.
- Good visual acuity and ability to communicate
- Ability to lift, lower, push, pull, and retrieve objects weighing a minimum of 30 pounds of medical supplies and equipment and the transferring and repositioning of patients. Reasonable assistance may be requested when lifting, pushing, and/or pulling are undertaken which exceeds these minimum requirements.
Address: 2 Rehabilitation Way, Woburn 01801
Shift: Day Job
Job ID: 1822450