Encompass Health Careers
HealthSouth Rehabilitation Hospital of Middletown
HealthSouth Rehabilitation Hospital of Middletown, DE is a 34 bed inpatient acute physical rehabilitation hospital that offers comprehensive inpatient services designed to return patients to leading active and independent lives.
This hospital won the Hospital of The Year Award for 2017 and President’s Circle Award for 2018 Outperforming over 120 of our other hospitals in 36 states spanning clinical outcomes, patient satisfaction, turnover and various business performance metrics!
Our hospital provides a wide range of physical rehabilitation services, a
vast network of highly skilled physicians and therapists, and the most
innovative equipment and rehabilitation technology,
ensuring that all patients have access to the highest quality care.
HealthSouth Rehabilitation Hospital of Middletown, DE has specialized inpatient programs for stroke, brain injury, spinal cord injury, neurology, cardiac, multiple-trauma and orthopedics. 80% of our patients are discharged directly home after only 1-3 weeks!
We are currently interviewing for a full time Physical Therapist to join our team of experience rehabilitation professionals.
- Requires effective communication skills for working with patients, families, caregivers, and departmental and interdepartmental relationships.
- Requires competency in physical therapy evaluation, assessment, care planning and treatment.
- Requires task delegation and supervision of Physical Therapist Assistants and Rehab Technicians.
- Maintains open and on-going communication with hospital departments to ensure patient, staff, and hospital needs are met.
- The Physical Therapist creates an environment and culture that enables the hospital to fulfill its mission by providing patient safety and patient-centered treatment
Working side-by-side with other experienced therapists and nurses you will have the opportunity to gain broad ranging clinical skills with large patient populations and scheduled rotations across all our clinical floors.
Anodyne / Autoambulator, Bioness, Experia, Hand Mentor, Reo Therapy, SaeboFlex, Smart Step, Interactive Metronomne are some of the advanced technology we use along with many MedBridge on-line training programs available to you and your patients.
Keywords: Physical Therapist, PT, inpatient rehab, acute rehab, stroke, head injury, brain injury, orthopedics, outpatient, rehab hospital, TBI, CVA, Cardiopulmonary, spinal cord injury, 19709
Must be in possession of current state license or certification on or before the first day of employment. CPR certification preferred
Education, Training and Experience:
Successful completion of a degree from an accredited Physical Therapy program. Strong new grads encouraged to apply, experienced therapist preferred.
Address: 250 East Hampden Road, Middletown 19709
Shift: Day Job
Job ID: 1823546