Encompass Health Careers
CNA / Rehab Nursing Tech - Nights - Full-Time - 3 12hr shifts - Benefit Eligible
Encompass Health Rehabilitation Hospital of Colorado Springs is looking for a full-time, night, CNA/Rehab Nursing Technician. This position works 3 shifts, 12 hours each, and is benefit eligible.
The Rehabilitation Nursing Technician assists rehabilitation nurses and/or therapists with rehabilitation treatment and patient care according to hospital, state, professional and federal regulations and guidelines. In addition, the position:
- Requires effective communication skills for working with patients, families, and caregivers.
- Requires competency in assisting with delegated rehabilitation treatment and patient care.
- Performs tasks as delegated by and supervised by rehabilitation nurses and/or therapists.
- Maintains open and an on-going communication with coworkers and supervisors.
The Rehabilitation Nursing Technician supports an environment and culture that enables the hospital to fulfill its mission by helping to provide patient safety and patient-centered treatment.
POSITION REQUIREMENTS AND ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
License or Certification:
- Active Colorado CNA license
- CPR certification preferred unless otherwise required by hospital policy.
Education, Training and Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Minimum 2 years experience or holds a specialist certification such as ACT, massage therapist, AS, BS, or MS degree
Machines, Equipment Used:
- General office equipment such as telephone, copy machine, fax machine, calculator, computer.
- Good visual acuity and ability to communicate.
- Ability to lift, lower, push, pull, and retrieve objects weighing a minimum of 30 pounds of medical supplies and equipment and the transferring and repositioning of patients. Reasonable assistance may be requested when lifting, pushing, and/or pulling are undertaken which exceeds these minimum requirements.
- Adheres to the company's Standards of Business Conduct.
- Maintains current licensure and/or certifications, if applicable.
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to speak, read, write, and communicate effectively.
- Ability to coordinate, analyze, observe, make decisions, and meet deadlines in a detail-oriented manner.
- Ability to work independently without supervision.
- Indoor, temperature controlled, smoke-free environment. Occasional outdoor exposure.
- Exposure or potential exposure to blood and body fluids may be required.
- Handicapped accessible.
- May work under stressful circumstances at times.
Proficiency or Productivity Standards:
- Meets established attendance standards.
- Adheres to hospital/department dress code including wearing ID badge.
- May be required to work weekdays and/or weekends, evenings and or night shifts if needed to meet deadlines.
- May be required to work on religious and/or legal holidays on scheduled days/shifts.
- Will be required to work as necessary during disaster situations, i.e., before, during or after a disaster.
- May be required to stay after workday to assist after a disaster situation until relief arrives.
- May be required to perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Address: 325 Parkside Dr., Colorado Springs 80910
Job ID: 1823554