Encompass Health Careers
Medical Records Compliance Analyst (Part-Time)
HealthSouth Rehabilitation Hospital of Erie
HealthSouth Rehabilitation Hospital of Erie is part of one of the Nation’s largest providers of Rehabilitation Services designed to return patients to leading active and independent lives. Our modern 90,000 square-foot inpatient rehabilitation hospital is situated on the coast of Lake Erie and offers comprehensive nursing care and extensive inpatient therapy serving the tri-state areas of northwestern Pennsylvania, northeastern Ohio, and western New York.
During the past 25 years, through the success of our unique rehabilitation programs, we've upheld our reputation as a national leader in rehab. Maintaining our leadership role in rehab takes more than just quality care and good programs, it takes a dedicated staff that is committed to each patient achieving the highest possible outcome with the eventual goal of returning home.
HealthSouth Rehabilitation Hospital of Erie’s specialized care includes neuro-rehabilitation treatment programs that are led by our program medical director who is board certified in internal medicine, neurology, EMG, neuro-rehabilitation, and vascular neurology. We specialize in advanced stroke, brain injury and neurological rehabilitation, including post-operative deep brain stimulation (DBS) rehabilitation, post-operative intrathecal baclofen (spasticity) rehabilitation and dysphagia rehabilitation program using VitalStim (electrical stimulation therapy for recovery of swallowing) as well as DPNS (Deep Pharyngeal Neuromuscular Stimulation) therapy.
In addition to caring for general rehabilitation diagnoses such as orthopedics, cardiac, pulmonary, or general debility post surgery or illness, HealthSouth Rehabilitation Hospital of Erie has specialized inpatient programs for stroke, brain injury, neurological diseases such as Parkinson disease, multiple sclerosis and Guillian-Barre syndrome, trauma and spinal cord injury. Other services offered include onsite dialysis, wound and ostomy care, tracheotomy and dietitian evaluation and treatment including enteral feeding support.
We currently are recognized by the Joint Commission for four Specialty Disease-Specific Certifications in Stroke, Brain Injury, Orthopedics, and Parkinson’s Disease.
Using discretion and independent judgment the Medical Records Compliance Analyst ensures compliance by all responsible parties throughout the organization as it relates to the Rule Implementation Guidelines (RIG) and other regulatory requirements as necessary. In addition, this position develops and interprets policies and procedures and acts as the primary resource for immediate problem solving in regards to complying with the RIG requirements. The position requires the development and maintenance of a positive working relationship as well as serving as an educator to the nursing and therapy staff of the hospital and the medical staff working within the hospital.
Location: 143 East Second Street, Erie, PA 16507
Click here for a map and contact information on our location.
Job Code: 100846
- Licensed nurse or allied health licensed professional, RN preferred.
Education, Training and Years of Experience:
- Appropriate to licensure i.e., bachelor's degree or allied health degree as required for licensure.
- Minimum of 4 years experience within their licensed discipline, acute IRF experience preferred.
Machines, Equipment Used:
- General office equipment such as computer, telephone, copy machine, fax machine, calculator.
- Good visual acuity and ability to communicate.
- Ability to lift/push/pull a minimum of 15 pounds, which includes the lifting, pushing and/or pulling of supplies and equipment. Reasonable assistance may be requested when lifting, pushing, and/or pulling are undertaken which exceeds these minimum requirements.
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to speak, read, write, and communicate effectively.
- Ability to coordinate, analyze, observe, make decisions, and meet deadlines in a detail-oriented manner.
- Ability to work independently without supervision.
- Indoor, temperature controlled, smoke-free environment.
- Handicapped accessible.
- May work under stressful circumstances at times.
Proficiency or Productivity Standards:
- Meets established attendance standards.
- Adheres to dress code including wearing ID badge.
- May be required to work weekdays and/or weekends, evenings and or night shifts if needed to meet deadlines.
- May be required to work on religious and/or legal holidays on scheduled days/shifts.
- May be required to perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Address: 143 East Second Street, Erie 16507
Job ID: 1823616