Encompass Health Careers
Chief Nursing Officer - Lubbock, TX
South Plains Rehabilitation Hospital an affiliate of UMC and Encompass Health is currently looking for a Chief Nursing Officer to join our hospital leadership team.
South Plains Rehabilitation Hospital will open in May 2019 in Lubbock, TX. The hospital will be located beside the UMC Business and Technology Center off North Slide Road.
The 40-bed inpatient rehabilitation hospital will be a joint venture between Encompass Health and University Medical Center Health System and will provide inpatient rehabilitation and higher medical management for patients recovering from stroke and other neurological disorders, hip fractures, brain injury, spinal cord injury, amputation and complex orthopedic conditions. The freestanding hospital will include 40 all-private rooms, a spacious, on-site therapy gym, dialysis suite, a courtyard, dining room, day room areas, and cutting-edge rehabilitation technologies. The development of the new inpatient rehabilitation hospital represents a significant investment in the community and is expected to generate approximately 100 new, full-time jobs.
Hospital Location: 5406 Colgate Street; Lubbock, TX 79416
The Chief Nursing Officer (CNO) is responsible for the development and implementation of the plans for providing nursing care, treatment, and services including determination of the types and numbers of nursing personnel necessary to provide nursing care and the development of a patient focused, team oriented culture, working in conjunction with all other medical, clinical and therapeutic disciplines to ensure optimal service and superior outcomes. The CNO holds full responsibility for the quality of nursing care provided. Represents nursing on the Governing Body and other hospital committees. This position will support cultural diversity by ensuring that the delivery of quality, equitable and culturally competent patient-centered care is provided; promoting and maintaining an inclusive work environment and culture that is respectful and accepting of diversity; and ensuring that cultural diversity and sensitivity training is part of new employee orientation on an on-going basis to meet the needs of the patient population served in the hospital.
Job Code: 100112
License or Certification:
- Current RN licensure appropriate to state regulations (unrestricted)
- BLS certification (ACLS Preferred)
- CRRN certification to be obtained within a year of meeting the eligibity requirement to sit for the examination
Education, Training and Years of Experience:
- Master's Degree in Nursing or related field (preferred)
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing or related field required, or a written plan to obtain these qualification approved by the National CNO and hospital CEO, unless higher degree required by state.
- Five years experience in inpatient hospital setting.
- Two years recent (within the last 5 years) Nursing Management experience with responsibilities including such as 24 hour accountability, FTE management, policy, procedure, and budgetary oversight, and conducting disciplinary action.
- Good visual acuity and ability to communicate.
- Ability to lift a minimum of 30 pounds and ability push/pull a minimum of 30 pounds, which includes the lifting, pushing and/or pulling of medical supplies and equipment and the transferring and repositioning of patients. Reasonable assistance may be requested when lifting, pushing, and/or pulling are undertaken which exceeds these minimum requirements.
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to speak, read, write, and communicate effectively.
- Ability to coordinate, analyze, observe, make decisions, and meet deadlines in a detail-oriented manner.
- Ability to work independently without supervision.
- Ability to manage multiple competing demands while maintaining a calm, professional demeanor.
- Indoor, temperature controlled, smoke-free environment. Occasional outdoor exposure.
- Exposure or potential exposure to blood and body fluids may be required.
- Handicapped accessible.
- May work under stressful circumstances at times.
Proficiency or Productivity Standards:
- Meets established attendance standards.
- Adheres to hospital/department dress code including wearing ID badge.
- May be required to work weekdays and/or weekends, evenings and or night shifts if needed to meet deadlines.
- May be required to work on religious and/or legal holidays on scheduled days/shifts.
- Will be required to work as necessary during disaster situations, i.e., before, during or after a disaster.
- May be required to stay after workday to assist after a disaster situation until relief arrives.
- May be required to perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Address: 5406 Colgate Street, Lubbock 79416
Job ID: 1824176