Encompass Health Careers
Central Supply Clerk
New England Rehabilitation Hospital of Portland, a Joint Venture of Maine Medical Center and HealthSouth
New England Rehabilitation Hospital of Portland has a full-time position. The Central Supply Clerk performs a variety of clerical duties associated with the supply management, provides a centralized distribution location, oversees all shipping and receiving, and maintains appropriate inventory in accordance with hospital procedures, and maintains control of supplies and equipment for all hospital departments.
In addition, this position supports the purchasing function for the hospital.
Job Code: 100570
POSITION REQUIREMENTS AND ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
License or Certification:
Education, Training and Years of Experience:
- High School diploma or equivalent required, bachelor's degree preferred.
- 2-3 years of hospital supply and purchasing management preferred.
Machines, Equipment Used:
- General office equipment such as telephone, copy machine, fax machine, calculator, computer.
- Good visual acuity and ability to communicate.
- Ability to lift, lower, push, pull, and retrieve objects weighing a minimum of 30 pounds including medical supplies and equipment and the transferring and repositioning of patients. Reasonable assistance may be requested when lifting, pushing, and/or pulling are undertaken which exceeds these minimum requirements.
- Adheres to the company's Standards of Business Conduct.
- Maintains current licensure and/or certifications, if applicable.
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to speak, read, write, and communicate effectively.
- Ability to coordinate, analyze, observe, make decisions, and meet deadlines in a detail-oriented manner.
- Ability to work independently without supervision.
- Indoor, temperature controlled, smoke-free environment. Occasional outdoor exposure.
- Exposure or potential exposure to blood and body fluids may be required.
- Handicapped accessible.
- May work under stressful circumstances at times.
Proficiency or Productivity Standards:
- Meets established attendance standards.
- Adheres to hospital/department dress code including wearing ID badge.
- May be required to work weekdays and/or weekends, evenings and or night shifts if needed to meet deadlines.
- May be required to work on religious and/or legal holidays on scheduled days/shifts.
- Will be required to work as necessary during disaster situations, i.e., before, during or after a disaster.
- May be required to stay after workday to assist after a disaster situation until relief arrives.
- May be required to perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Address: 335 Brighton Avenue, Portland 04102
Shift: Day Job
Job ID: 1824360