Encompass Health Careers
Encompass Health Rehabilitation Hospital of Braintree
Encompass Health of Braintree, MA is a 166 bed acute physical rehabilitation hospital located just south of Boston, MA. In addition to caring for general rehabilitation diagnoses, such as amputations, arthritis, hip fracture, joint replacement, burns, spinal cord injury, multiple trauma, we also treat neurological conditions, such as stroke, brain injury, Guillian Barre, Parkinson’s disease, multiple sclerosis, or critical illness myopathy, orthopedics, and other cardiac conditions.
Admitting most patient’s just days out of surgery or the ICU and with an average 1-3 week length of stay, we help individuals quickly recover from a significant medical event and return home to their lives and their families!
Primarily this is a Monday to Friday day shift position with no weekend rotations. With 24/7 responsibility for the unit, the Nurse Manager also will plan to spend time on all shifts for visibility and staff support as needed.
* Assisting in the development of patient care programs, policies, and procedures that describe how patients' needs for nursing care, treatment, and services are assessed, evaluated, and met.
* Implementing the plans for providing nursing care, treatment, and services including the types and numbers of nursing personnel necessary to provide nursing care.
* Implementing an effective, ongoing program to measure, assess, and improve nursing care, treatment, and services delivered to patients.
* Coordinates closely with interdisciplinary teams including Therapy, Case Management, Pharmacy and Physician staff.
* Promoting an environment and culture that enables New England Rehab Hospital to fulfill its mission by meeting or exceeding its goals, conveying the hospital mission to all staff, holding staff accountable for performance, and motivating staff to improve performance.
* Supervising and coordinating 25 staff- primarily RNs and CNAs delivering nursing care on a 24-hour basis for assigned area.
* Coordinating administration and clinical activities, both inter and intra-departmentally, so that optimum patient care is provided, staffing is maintained and costs contained.
* May serve as CNO in his/her absence
To attract and retain the best professionals, we offer a comprehensive and competitive benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, 401(k), college savings plan, employee assistance program, pre-paid legal plan and much more. Benefits are effective day one of employment!
Healthsouth is the nation’s leading provider of rehabilitative services with over 130 acute rehabilitation hospitals in 36 states including Puerto Rico!
You will have the opportunity to work in an acute rehabilitation hospital providing quality treatment through a large group of healthcare professionals such as: OT, PT, SLP, Neuropsychologists, RN, LPN, CNA, Pharmacists and medical staff all dedicated to returning our patients to the highest level of functioning possible.
Keywords: Nurse Manger, Nurse Supervisor, ADON, Med/Surg, Charge, Assistant Nurse Manager, DON
License or Certification:
* Current MA RN licensure
* CRRN certification to be obtained within a year of meeting the eligibility requirement to sit for the examination
* CPR certification
* Bachelor's Degree in Nursing, Masters in Nursing preferred
* Five years experience in inpatient hospital setting preferred
* Two plus years Nursing Management experience with responsibilities including such as 24 hour accountability, FTE management, policy, procedure, and budgetary oversight, and conducting disciplinary action.
Address: 250 Pond Street, Braintree 02184
Shift: Day Job
Job ID: 1825310