Encompass Health Careers
Rehab Liaison Flex - Geisinger Encompass Health
Geisinger Encompass Health Rehabilitation Hospital
Be the seamless connection between your compassion and expertise and compelling, positive patient outcomes with national rehabilitation leader Encompass Health. Passionate about making a difference in the lives of others on an every-day basis, we foster a culture of compassion and collaboration and offer exceptional career resources, including opportunities for skill-building, training, education, and development. As the nationwide rehabilitation leader, we operate rehabilitation hospitals, outpatient rehabilitation hospitals, and provide home health and hospice services in 36 states and Puerto Rico. Join us in this promising role at one of our state-of-the-art facilities.
Geisinger Encompass Health is a 42 bed acute rehabilitation hospital on the campus of Geisinger Medical Center in Danville, PA. We provide comprehensive Inpatient and Outpatient rehabilitation offering a wide base of physical rehabilitative care for orthopedic, neurologic, multi-trauma, spinal cord injury, brain injury, stroke, pulmonary and cardiac rehabilitation needs.
Our hospital has a full complement of Therapists, Nurses, Neuropsychologists and Medical staff to offer the best possible outcomes for our patients. With an average length of stay between 1-3 weeks, we have the ability to get to know our patients and their families.
We are proud of the fact that about 80% of the patients admitted to Geisinger Encompass Health are discharged directly to their homes.
The Rehab Liaison is responsible for developing census as defined through targeted goals of the business plan and developing referral relationships within the geographic territory with an emphasis on face-to-face contacts. In addition, the liaison will assist with coordination of referral to admission conversion process and represent our company in community-related activities. In addition, the position:
- Utilizes market analysis data in individual territory identifying new business and potential opportunities.
- Recognizes barriers to admission, responds appropriately and follows up on admissions variables.
- Understands healthcare operations, legal guidelines, competitive analysis, and market place trends
- Provides in-services and professional presentations for referral sources, community groups and other organizations, regarding our company's services, programs and outcomes.
The Rehab Liaison creates an environment and culture that enables the hospital to fulfill its mission by providing patient safety and patient-centered treatment.
To attract and retain the best professionals, we offer a comprehensive and competitive benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, 401(k), college savings plan, employee assistance program, pre-paid legal plan and much more. For more information on available benefits, please click here.
What types of patients will you see? We are an acute rehabilitation hospital setting. Typically our patients spend an average of 2-4 weeks in our hospital and come to us with a wide variety of diagnosis such as: stroke, spinal cord injury, brain injury, various neurological disorders, rheumatoid arthritis, osteoarthritis, amputation, joint replacement, fractures, multiple trauma, cardiac conditions, and pulmonary conditions. 80% of our patients are discharged directly home.
We use evidence-based practice guidelines to treat our patients. We utilize our clinical outcomes to assess and improve our treatment interventions and programs. We participate in a national outcomes database, which provides benchmarks and sophisticated outcome reports to help us continually analyze and improve our patient outcomes.
Helping you become better is critical to our success - You will be paired with mentors; attend in-house as well as external educational programs. The treatment team is made up of full time therapists, nurses, social workers, pharmacists and medical staff; and we offer educational benefits if you are interested in continuing your education.
- Current driver's license in state employed and acceptable driving record according to company policy
- Current State Professional License required
- Current CPR certification preferred
- CRRN preferred.
Education, Training and Years of Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree preferred or equivalent job experience
- Minimum 2 years experience as clinician or tech in healthcare environment preferred
- Minimum 1 year experience as nurse liaison or successful sales experience in healthcare environment preferred
- Familiarity with acute hospital, rehab hospitals, and local healthcare market preferred
Machines, Equipment Used:
- General office equipment such as telephone, copy machine, fax machine, calculator, computer.
- Good visual acuity and ability to communicate.
- Ability to lift and push/pull a minimum of 30 pounds. Reasonable assistance may be requested when lifting, pushing, and/or pulling are undertaken which exceeds these minimum requirements.
- Adheres to the company's Standards of Business Conduct.
- Maintains current licensure and/or certifications, if applicable.
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to speak, read, write, and communicate effectively.
- Ability to coordinate, analyze, observe, make decisions, and meet deadlines in a detail-oriented manner.
- Ability to work independently without supervision.
- Indoor, temperature controlled, smoke-free environment. Occasional outdoor exposure.
- Exposure or potential exposure to blood and body fluids may be required.
- Handicapped accessible.
- May work under stressful circumstances at times.
Proficiency or Productivity Standards:
- Meets established attendance standards.
- Adheres to hospital/department dress code including wearing ID badge.
- May be required to work weekdays and/or weekends, evenings and or night shifts if needed to meet deadlines.
- May be required to work on religious and/or legal holidays on scheduled days/shifts.
- Will be required to work as necessary during disaster situations, i.e., before, during or after a disaster.
- May be required to stay after workday to assist after a disaster situation until relief arrives.
- May be required to perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Must be able to travel overnight to fulfill essential training requirements. Travel is infrequent, but necessary for training purposes. Minimum required travel includes training at Corporate Office in Birmingham, AL.
Address: 64 Rehab Lane, Danville 17821
Shift: Day Job
Job ID: 1910576