Encompass Health Careers
RN Nurse Manager (Full-Time)
Encompass Health Rehabilitation Hospital of Erie
is part of one of the Nation’s largest providers of Rehabilitation Services designed to return patients to leading active and independent lives. Our modern 90,000 square-foot inpatient rehabilitation hospital is situated on the coast of Lake Erie and offers comprehensive nursing care and extensive inpatient therapy serving the tri-state areas of northwestern Pennsylvania, northeastern Ohio, and western New York.
During the past 25 years, through the success of our unique rehabilitation programs, we've upheld our reputation as a national leader in rehab. Maintaining our leadership role in rehab takes more than just quality care and good programs, it takes a dedicated staff that is committed to each patient achieving the highest possible outcome with the eventual goal of returning home.
Encompass Health Rehabilitation Hospital of Erie’s specialized care includes neuro-rehabilitation treatment programs that are led by our program medical director who is board certified in internal medicine, neurology, EMG, neuro-rehabilitation, and vascular neurology. We specialize in advanced stroke, brain injury and neurological rehabilitation, including post-operative deep brain stimulation (DBS) rehabilitation, post-operative intrathecal baclofen (spasticity) rehabilitation and dysphagia rehabilitation program using VitalStim (electrical stimulation therapy for recovery of swallowing) as well as DPNS (Deep Pharyngeal Neuromuscular Stimulation) therapy.
In addition to caring for general rehabilitation diagnoses such as orthopedics, cardiac, pulmonary, or general debility post surgery or illness, Encompass Health Rehabilitation Hospital of Erie has specialized inpatient programs for stroke, brain injury, neurological diseases such as Parkinson disease, multiple sclerosis and Guillian-Barre syndrome, trauma and spinal cord injury. Other services offered include onsite dialysis, wound and ostomy care, tracheotomy and dietitian evaluation and treatment including enteral feeding support.
We currently are recognized by the Joint Commission for four Specialty Disease-Specific Certifications in Stroke, Brain Injury, Orthopedics, and Parkinson’s Disease.
The Nurse Manager is responsible for coordinating administrative and clinical activities, both inter and intradepartmentally, so that optimum nursing care is provided, staffing is maintained, and costs contained. The Nurse Manager holds full responsibility for nursing in the absence of the Chief Nursing Officer. This position will support cultural diversity by ensuring that the delivery of quality, equitable and culturally competent patient-centered care is provided; promoting and maintaining an inclusive work environment and culture that is respectful and accepting of diversity; and ensuring that cultural diversity and sensitivity training is part of new employee orientation on an on-going basis to meet the needs of the patient population served in the hospital.
Location: 143 East Second Street, Erie, PA 16507
License or Certification:
- Current RN licensure appropriate to state regulations (unrestricted)
- BLS certification with ACLS certification to be obtained within on year of hire or entry to position
- CRRN certification to be obtained within a year of meeting the eligibility requirement to sit for the examination
Education, Training and Years of Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing or related field preferred
- 5 years nursing experience with 2 years recently in an inpatient hospital experience
- Progressive nursing management experience including 24 hour accountability
- Served in leadership roles such as charge nurse or supervisor capacity where they had respolnsibility for reporting, issue resolution, setting direction and accountability for results
- Good visual acuity and ability to communicate.
- Ability to lift a minimum of 30 pounds and ability push/pull a minimum of 30 pounds, which includes the lifting, pushing and/or pulling of medical supplies and equipment and the transferring and repositioning of patients. Reasonable assistance may be requested when lifting, pushing, and/or pulling are undertaken which exceeds these minimum requirements.
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to speak, read, write, and communicate effectively.
- Ability to coordinate, analyze, observe, make decisions, and meet deadlines in a detail-oriented manner.
- Ability to work independently without supervision.
- Ability to manage multiple competing demands while maintaining a calm professional demeanor.
- Indoor, temperature controlled, smoke-free environment. Occasional outdoor exposure.
- Exposure or potential exposure to blood and body fluids may be required.
- Handicapped accessible.
- May work under stressful circumstances at times.
Proficiency or Productivity Standards:
- Meets established attendance standards.
- Adheres to hospital/department dress code including wearing ID badge.
- May be required to work weekdays and/or weekends, evenings and or night shifts if needed to meet deadlines.
- May be required to work on religious and/or legal holidays on scheduled days/shifts.
- Will be required to work as necessary during disaster situations, i.e., before, during or after a disaster.
- May be required to stay after workday to assist after a disaster situation until relief arrives.
- May be required to perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Address: 143 East Second Street, Erie 16507
Job ID: 1910894