Encompass Health Careers
Physical Therapist- Fairlawn Rehab Hospital per diem $50/hr
Fairlawn Rehabilitation Hospital, an affiliate of Encompass Health
Fairlawn Rehabilitation Hospital is a 110 bed acute rehabilitation hospital, co-owned by HealthSouth and UMass Medical Center located in Worcester, MA. We provide comprehensive Inpatient and Outpatient rehabilitative care for orthopedic, neurologic, multi-trauma, brain injury, stroke, pulmonary and cardiac rehabilitation needs.
We are a hospital setting with a full complement of Therapists, Nurses, Neuropsychologists and Medical staff to consistently offer the best possible outcomes for our patients.
With an average length of stay between 1-3 weeks, we have the ability to get to know our patients and their families. We are proud of the fact that 80% of the patients admitted to Fairlawn Rehabilitation Hospital of Worcester, MA are discharged directly to their homes.
** We are currently interviewing for Per Diem Physical Therapists to help augment services provided for weekend treatment and patient care and occasionally weekdays depending on your availability**
- Requires effective communication skills for working with patients, families, caregivers, and departmental and interdepartmental relationships.
- Requires competency in physical therapy evaluation, assessment, care planning and treatment.
- Requires task delegation and supervision of occupational therapist assistants and technicians.
- Maintains open and on-going communication with hospital departments to ensure patient, staff, and hospital needs are met.
- The Physical Therapist creates an environment and culture that enables the hospital to fulfill its mission by providing patient safety and patient-centered treatment
Who will you treat? We are an acute rehabilitation hospital setting. Typically our therapists can expect to spend an average of 1-3 weeks with our patients treating a wide clinical caseload such as: stroke, spinal cord injury, brain injury, various neurological disorders, rheumatoid arthritis, osteoarthritis, amputation, joint replacement, fractures, multiple trauma, cardiac conditions, and pulmonary conditions.
You will use standard and advanced therapy technologies- depending on the hospital location, equipment used such as Auto Ambulator, Balance Systems, Bioness for Lower Extremity, Walk Aide, Interactive Metronome/Gait mate, Primus BTE, Infrared for Wound management, Foot mentor, and more may be available.
Keywords- Physical Therapy, Physical Therapist, PT, PRN, Pool, Per diem PT, Inpatient rehabilitation, Acute rehabilitation, Orthopedic, Head Injury, hospital rehab
Address: 189 May Street, Worcester 01602
Shift: Day Job
Job ID: 1911024