Encompass Health Careers
Area Business Development Director - Savannah, GA
Encompass Health Hospitals in Savannah, GA and Bluffton, SC are currently looking for an Area Director of Business Development and Marketing Operations to join their hospital leadership team.
The Area Director of Business Development and Marketing Operations works for two or more Hospital CEOs to ensure marketing initiatives are carried out throughout their assigned area. The Area Business Development Director is responsible for inpatient and outpatient census of multiple hospitals through the design and implementation of referral programs and customer service strategies. Oversees inpatient admission process. Manages, trains and develops hospital-wide Business Development Team. Serves in a Senior Leadership role.
This position will be based in Savannah, GA. Encompass Health Hospital of Savannah is a 50-bed inpatient rehabilitation hospital and Encompass Health Rehabilitation Hospital of Bluffton is a 38-bed inpatient rehabilitation hospital. Both of these hospitals offer comprehensive inpatient rehabilitation services designed to return patients to leading active and independent lives
Our hospitals provide a wide range of physical rehabilitation services, a vast network of highly skilled, independent private practice physicians, therapists, nurses, and the most innovative equipment and rehabilitation technology. Our goal is to ensure that all patients have access to the highest quality care.
Click for a map and contact information on our location.
License or Certification:
· Driver’s license and acceptable driving record according to company policy.
Total Education, Vocational Training and Experience:
· Minimum 2 years experience as a marketing representative, or nurse liaison in a healthcare environment.
· Bachelor’s degree in related area preferred.
· Successful track record in leading, managing or direct sales and marketing, preferably in Healthcare environment.
· Physician relations, Case manager, Managed care, Knowledge of local healthcare market preferred.
Essential Job Functions:
- Provides marketing support and leadership for two or more hospitals within an assigned area.
- Reviews, evaluates, and monitors critical numbers, taking actions to reverse negative admission and discharge volume trends, and implements plans to ensure marketing effectiveness.
- Effectively and appropriately communicates financial data and operational indicators to marketing and other relevant staff.
- Monitors and measures volume, case mix growth, CMS %, payer mix %, and functional outcomes of patients to ensure quality product lines.
- Utilizes monthly data to measure progress towards goals.
- Understands the volume impact on EBITDA to meet the financial of the business.
- Understands the operational and financial metrics and communicates opportunity and threats in the marketplace to senior management.
- Manages all marketing operations, including hiring and recruiting staff.
- Understands and utilizes clinical knowledge and resources to determine appropriateness of admission.
- Understands and manages admission process including insurance verification, pre-certification requirements, bed control, hospital discharges, and barriers.
- Understands and manages the reimbursement system as it relates to volume impact, appropriate utilization of resources, and LOS management to promote quality outcomes.
- Identifies new and repackaging existing product lines, including collateral materials, in collaboration with hospital CEOs and senior leadership.
- Assigns territories to marketing team and reassesses and realigns as indicated by key performance indicators.
- Communicates effectively with referral sources to market and educate product lines to achieve volume goals including differentiation of services from competition.
- Plans and coordinates marketing, media coverage, and public relations functions to increase volume.
- Develops marketing collateral and advertises in conjunction with corporate support that meets the needs of the market.
- Educates marketing staff on tools, budget, sales skills, and territory management to achieve volume goals.
- Drives grass roots efforts as deemed necessary to industry conditions.
- Utilizes CRM for creating, tracking, and monitoring liaison territory management, referrals and activities.
- Reports questionable situations, concerns, complaints or harassment immediately.
- Completes mandatory training and courses required by completion date.
Address: 6510 Seawright Drive, Savannah 31404
Shift: Day Job
Job ID: 1911186