Encompass Health Careers
MDS/Patient Assessment Standards Coordinator
ENCOMPASS HEALTH REHABILITATION HOSPITAL – TOMS RIVER
Coordinates & completes the process of providing accurate and timely data to the appropriate entities involved in the MDS payment system for LTC patients on the TCU. Oversees all aspects of data collection, ensures the presence of supporting documentation, and provides staff education to ensure compliance with all regulatory guidelines. In addition, this position requires a positive working relationship with medical staff & administration associated with both Encompass Health and Community Medical Center.
Job Code: 101013
POSITION REQUIREMENTS AND ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
Must have valid NJ license as Registered Nurse (RN). Excellent computer skills. Professional verbal & written communication skills. Detail oriented, accountable for accuracy, flexible and dependable. Excellent organizational skills. Must be able to work with deadlines. Solid understanding of all variables impacting RUG's and reimbursement. Previous MDS experience required.
- 1 year experience in the healthcare setting
Machines, Equipment Used:
- General office equipment such as telephone, copy machine, fax machine, calculator, computer.
- Good visual acuity and ability to communicate.
- Ability to lift, lower, push, pull, and retrieve objects weighing a minimum of 30 pounds including medical supplies and equipment and the transferring and repositioning of patients. Reasonable assistance may be requested when lifting, pushing, and/or pulling are undertaken which exceeds these minimum requirements.
- Adheres to the company's Standards of Business Conduct.
- Adheres to CMS and JC standards
- Maintains current licensure and/or certifications, if applicable.
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to speak, read, write, and communicate effectively.
- Ability to coordinate, analyze, observe, make decisions, and meet deadlines in a detail-oriented manner.
- Ability to work independently without constant supervision.
- Indoor, temperature controlled, smoke-free environment. Occasional outdoor exposure.
- Exposure or potential exposure to blood and body fluids may be required.
- Handicapped accessible.
- May work under stressful circumstances at times.
Proficiency or Productivity Standards:
- Has regular, reliable and predictable attendance and punctuality.
- Adheres to hospital/department dress code including wearing ID badge.
- May be required to work weekdays and/or weekends, evenings and or night shifts if needed to meet deadlines, monitor processes or educate staff.
- May be required to work on religious and/or legal holidays on scheduled days/shifts.
- Will be required to work as necessary during disaster situations, i.e., before, during or after a disaster.
- May be required to stay after workday to assist after a disaster situation until relief arrives.
- May be required to perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Address: 14 Hospital Drive, Toms River 08755
Shift: Day Job
Job ID: 1911358