Encompass Health Careers
Chief Nursing Officer - Fairlawn Rehabilitation Hospital
Fairlawn Rehabilitation Hospital, an affiliation of UMass Memorial and Encompass Health is currently looking for a Chief Nursing Officer to join their hospital senior team. The qualified candidate should be highly motivated with a proven record of leadership accomplishments.
Fairlawn Rehabilitation Hospital is a 110-bed, inpatient acute rehabilitation hospital that offers comprehensive inpatient and outpatient rehabilitation services designed to return patients to leading active and independent lives.
Fairlawn Rehabilitation Hospital provides a wide range of inpatient rehabilitation services with decidedly experienced physical, occupational and speech therapists utilizing the most innovative equipment and rehabilitation technology. In addition to its therapists, Fairlawn employs a highly skilled nursing staff along with a vast network of independent private practice physicians, ensuring that all patients have access to the highest quality care.
In addition to caring for general rehabilitation diagnoses such as (but not limited to) cardiac, neurological disorders, orthopedic, lymphedema, multi-trauma and spinal cord injury, Fairlawn Rehabilitation Hospital has specialized inpatient programs and accreditations for stroke, brain injury, Parkinson's Disease and amputee rehabilitation. Other services offered include outpatient treatment, home evaluations, direct admission from home, emergency departments and physician offices.
Location: 189 May St., Worcester, MA 01602
TOUR Fairlawn Rehabilitation Hospital
The Chief Nursing Officer (CNO) is responsible for the development and implementation of the plans for providing nursing care, treatment, and services including determination of the types and numbers of nursing personnel necessary to provide nursing care. This position is responsible for the development of a patient focused, team oriented culture, working in conjunction with all other medical, clinical and therapeutic disciplines to ensure optimal service and superior outcomes.
The CNO has full responsibility for the quality of nursing care provided. The CNO holds nursing staff accountable for performance, motivates staff to improve performance, recognizes and awards performance, and is responsible for measuring, assessing and improving nursing care throughout the hospital.
The CNO represents nursing on the Governing Body and other hospital committees. This position will support cultural diversity by ensuring that the delivery of quality, equitable and culturally competent patient-centered care is provided.
The CNO promotes and maintains an inclusive work environment and culture that is respectful and accepting of diversity; and ensures that cultural diversity and sensitivity training is part of new employee orientation, and on an on-going basis, to meet the needs of the patient population served in the hospital.
Job Code: 100112
License or Certification:
- Current RN licensure appropriate to state regulations (unrestricted)
- BLS certification (ACLS Preferred)
- CRRN certification to be obtained within a year of meeting the eligibility requirement to sit for the examination
Education, Training and Years of Experience:
- Master's Degree in Nursing or related field (preferred)
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing or related field required, unless higher degree required by state.
- Five years experience in inpatient hospital setting.
- Two years recent (within the last 5 years) Nursing Management experience with responsibilities including such as 24 hour accountability, FTE management, policy, procedure, and budgetary oversight, and conducting disciplinary action.
- Good visual acuity and ability to communicate.
- Ability to lift a minimum of 30 pounds and ability push/pull a minimum of 30 pounds, which includes the lifting, pushing and/or pulling of medical supplies and equipment and the transferring and repositioning of patients. Reasonable assistance may be requested when lifting, pushing, and/or pulling are undertaken which exceeds these minimum requirements.
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to speak, read, write, and communicate effectively.
- Ability to coordinate, analyze, observe, make decisions, and meet deadlines in a detail-oriented manner.
- Ability to work independently without supervision.
- Ability to manage multiple competing demands while maintaining a calm, professional demeanor.
- Indoor, temperature controlled, smoke-free environment. Occasional outdoor exposure.
- Exposure or potential exposure to blood and body fluids may be required.
- Handicapped accessible.
- May work under stressful circumstances at times.
Proficiency or Productivity Standards:
- Meets established attendance standards.
- Adheres to hospital/department dress code including wearing ID badge.
- May be required to work weekdays and/or weekends, evenings and or night shifts if needed to meet deadlines.
- May be required to work on religious and/or legal holidays on scheduled days/shifts.
- Will be required to work as necessary during disaster situations, i.e., before, during or after a disaster.
- May be required to stay after workday to assist after a disaster situation until relief arrives.
- May be required to perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Address: 189 May Street, Worcester 01602
Shift: Day Job
Job ID: 1911422