Encompass Health Careers
Associate Administrator (Developing CEO Program - Wichita)
Wesley Rehabilitation Hospital
We are providing a new opportunity for top-performing healthcare professionals interested in the next step in their career to become a hospital Chief Executive Officer (CEO).
Developing Future CEO is a two year “CEO-in-training” program designed to rapidly accelerate the development of candidates who aspire to be Hospital CEOs and who meet the program’s requirements.
Program participants are placed in one of several host hospitals as an Associate Administrator who reports to the Host Hospital’s CEO. Upon successful program completion, the Associate Administrator will be able to apply for a job as the CEO of a Hospital where the company has an opening. In most cases, this requires program participants to relocate twice within two years.
The Associate Administrator is responsible for developing and demonstrating the necessary qualifications to become a CEO while leading significant and successful improvements in the hospital’s clinical, financial, employee, and patient satisfaction outcomes. The Associate Administrator will report to the CEO, be a member of the hospital’s senior leadership team, and be responsible for at least one department – with progressively increasing responsibility based on demonstrated ability and hospital needs. The Associate Administrator is expected to complete the Associate Administrator program curriculum and other tasks as assigned.
Job Code: 100778
- Required: A strong desire to become the CEO/Administrator of one of our hospitals in approximately 2 years.
- Required: Commitment to approximately 2 years as an Associate Administrator and an additional 3 years as a hospital CEO/Administrator (subject to on-the-job performance and business needs).
- Required: Relocation twice within 2 years to any of our hospital.
- Required: Bachelor’s degree. Preferred: MBA or MHA.
- Required: 3 years of management experience in healthcare required, including:
*Managerial responsibility including selection, performance appraisal, performance management and discipline, compensation, and promotion and termination decisions for at least 1 direct report.
*Input on budget development and responsibility for operating within a budget for areas of responsibility.
- Strongly Preferred: 2 years of senior management experience in healthcare, including:
*Hospital (or comparable corporate or regional) responsibility for one or more of the following departments: Finance and Accounting, Marketing, Nursing, Therapy (inpatient), Quality, Case Management, or Human Resources.
*Managerial responsibility including selection, performance appraisal, performance management and discipline, compensation, and promotion and termination decisions for a staff including at least 3 direct reports.
*Departmental responsibility for budget development, oversight, and spending
- Required: Evidence of consistently above average performance as compared to expectations for comparable positions.
- Required: Evidence of the effective application of strong competencies / skill in: analysis, business acumen, change agility, collaboration, decision-making, leadership, strategic focus, talent management and technical mastery within one or more disciplines important to inpatient rehabilitation hospital operations.
Address: 8338 W. 13th Street, Wichita 67212
Job ID: 1911617