Encompass Health Careers
Director of Business Development - Charleston, SC
Encompass Health Rehabilitation Hospital of Charleston is currently looking for a Business Development Director to join our hospital leadership team.
The Business Development Director is responsible for hospital inpatient and outpatient census in the IRF and/or LTCH and mix through the design and implementation of referral programs and customer service strategies. Oversees inpatient admission process. Manages, trains and develops hospital-wide Business Development Team. Serves in a Senior Leadership role.
Encompass Health Rehabilitation Hospital of Charleston is a 49-bed inpatient rehabilitation hospital that offers comprehensive inpatient rehabilitation services designed to return patients to leading active and independent lives.
Our hospital provides a wide range of physical rehabilitation services, a vast network of highly skilled, independent private practice physicians and Encompass Health therapists and nurses, and the most innovative equipment and rehabilitation technology, ensuring that all patients have access to the highest quality care.
9181 Medcom St., North
Charleston, SC 29406
License or Certification:
· Driver’s license and acceptable driving record according to company policy.
Total Education, Vocational Training and Experience:
· Minimum 2 years experience as a marketing representative, or nurse liaison in a healthcare environment.
· Bachelor’s degree in related area preferred.
· Successful track record in leading, managing or direct sales and marketing, preferably in Healthcare environment.
· Physician relations, Case manager, Managed care, Knowledge of local healthcare market preferred.
Essential Job Functions:
- Reviews, evaluates, and monitors critical numbers, taking actions to reverse negative admission and discharge volume trends, and implements plans to ensure marketing effectiveness.
- Effectively and appropriately communicates financial data and operational indicators to marketing and other relevant staff.
- Monitors and measures volume, case mix growth, CMS %, payer mix %, and functional outcomes of patients to ensure quality product lines.
- Utilizes monthly data to measure progress towards goals.
- Understands the volume impact on EBITDA to meet the financial of the business.
- Understands the operational and financial metrics and communicates opportunity and threats in the marketplace to senior management.
- Manages all marketing operations, including hiring and recruiting staff.
- Understands and utilizes clinical knowledge and resources to determine appropriateness of admission.
- Understands and manages admission process including insurance verification, pre-certification requirements, bed control, hospital discharges, and barriers.
- Understands and manages the reimbursement system as it relates to volume impact, appropriate utilization of resources, and LOS management to promote quality outcomes.
- Identifies new and repackaging existing product lines, including collateral materials, in collaboration with CEO and senior leadership.
- Assigns territories to marketing team and reassesses and realigns as indicated by key performance indicators.
- Communicates effectively with referral sources to market and educate product lines to achieve volume goals including differentiation of services from competition.
- Plans and coordinates marketing, media coverage, and public relations functions to increase volume.
- Develops marketing collateral and advertises in conjunction with corporate support that meets the needs of the market.
- Educates marketing staff on tools, budget, sales skills, and territory management to achieve volume goals.
- Drives grass roots efforts as deemed necessary to industry conditions.
- Utilizes CRM for creating, tracking, and monitoring liaison territory management, referrals and activities.
- Reports questionable situations, concerns, complaints or harassment immediately.
- Completes mandatory training and courses required by completion date.
Address: 9181 Medcom Street, North Charleston 29406
Shift: Day Job
Job ID: 1911920