Encompass Health Careers
Area Business Development Director - North Houston, TX
Encompass Health Rehabilitation Hospital of The Woodlands and Vision Park are seeking an Area Business Development Director to join the leadership team.
18550 IH 45 South; Conroe, TX 77384
117 Vision Park Blvd; Shenandoah, TX 77384
The Area Business Development Director works for two or more Hospital CEOs to ensure marketing initiatives are carried out throughout their assigned area. The Area Business Development Director is responsible for inpatient and outpatient census of multiple hospitals through the design and implementation of referral programs and customer service strategies. Oversees inpatient admission process. Manages, trains and develops hospital-wide Business Development Team. Serves in a Senior Leadership role.
The Area Business Development Director is also responsible for helping to create an environment and culture that enables the hospitals to fulfill their mission by meeting or exceeding goals, conveying the organization's mission to staff, holding staff accountable for performance, and motivating staff to continuously improve performance.
This position will support cultural diversity by ensuring that the delivery of quality, equitable and culturally competent patient-centered care is provided; promoting and maintaining an inclusive work environment and culture that is respectful and accepting of diversity; and ensuring that cultural diversity and sensitivity training is part of new employee orientation on an on-going basis to meet the needs of the patient population served in the hospital.
Job Code: 100599
License or Certification:
- Drivers license and acceptable driving record according to company policy
Total Education, Vocational Training and Experience:
- Minimum 2 years experience as a marketing representative, or nurse liaison in a healthcare environment.
- Bachelor's degree in related area preferred.
- Successful track record in leading, managing or direct sales and marketing, preferably in Healthcare environment
- Physician relations, Case manager, Managed care, Knowledge of local healthcare market preferred
Machines, Equipment Used:
- General office equipment such as telephone, copy machine, fax machine, calculator, computer.
- Good visual acuity and ability to communicate.
- Ability to lift and push/pull a minimum of 40 pounds. Reasonable assistance may be requested when lifting, pushing, and/or pulling are undertaken which exceeds these minimum requirements.
- Adheres to the company's Standards of Business Conduct.
- Maintains current licensure and/or certifications, if applicable.
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to speak, read, write, and communicate effectively.
- Ability to coordinate, analyze, observe, make decisions, and meet deadlines in a detail-oriented manner.
- Ability to work independently without supervision.
- Indoor, temperature controlled, smoke-free environment. Occasional outdoor exposure.
- Exposure or potential exposure to blood and body fluids may be required.
- Handicapped accessible.
- May work under stressful circumstances at times.
Proficiency or Productivity Standards:
- Meets established attendance standards.
- Adheres to hospital/department dress code including wearing ID badge.
- May be required to work weekdays and/or weekends, evenings and or night shifts if needed to meet deadlines.
- May be required to work on religious and/or legal holidays on scheduled days/shifts.
- Will be required to work as necessary during disaster situations, i.e., before, during or after a disaster.
- May be required to stay after workday to assist after a disaster situation until relief arrives.
- May be required to perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Must be able to travel overnight to fulfill essential training requirements. Travel is infrequent, but necessary for training purposes. Minimum required travel includes training at the Home Office in Birmingham, AL.
Address: 18550 IH - 45 South, Conroe 77302
Job ID: 1911962