Encompass Health Careers
Nutrition Service Supervisor - Full-time
Encompass Health Reading Rehabilitation Hospital (formerly HealthSouth)
Encompass Health Reading Rehabilitation Hospital is Joint Commission Certified and specializes in rehabilitative care across a wide-array of diagnoses.
For over 50 years, Encompass Health Rehabilitation Hospital of Reading has been serving patients from Berks, Chester, Montgomery, Lehigh, Lancaster counties and beyond.
Located on 35 acres of gently rolling hills, in Berks County, south of Reading and just five miles from the turnpike, Encompass Health Reading is a 60-bed acute rehabilitation hospital that offers comprehensive and rehabilitation services as well as Home Health service.
We Proudly Display our Gold Seal of Approval®
Stroke Rehabilitation ∙ Spinal Cord Injury Rehabilitation ∙ Brain Injury Rehabilitation
Committed to a higher level of care, our stroke rehabilitation, spinal cord injury rehabilitation and brain injury rehabilitation programs have earned Disease-Specific Care Certification from The Joint Commission in addition to Joint Commission accreditation.
Our 60-bed acute rehabilitation hospital offers the following inpatient specialty programs:
- Amputee Rehabilitation Program
- Musculoskeletal Rehabilitation Program
- Brain Injury Rehabilitation Program
- Burns Rehabilitation Program
- Multiple Trauma Rehabilitation Program
- Neuro-rehabilitation Program
- Orthopedics Rehabilitation Program
- Spinal Cord Injury Rehabilitation Program
- Stroke Rehabilitation Program
The Nutrition Service Supervisor supports management, planning and coordination of activities of the Nutrition Services Department to provide nutritional services to patients as well as employees and guests. The position implements policies and procedures to support and help administrative direction for cafeteria management, food preparation, distribution, service, purchasing, sanitation standards, safety practices, staffing and staff development. In addition, the Supervisor may assist Dietitian with nutrition assessments if qualified.
The Supervisor is responsible for helping to create an environment and culture that enables the department to fulfill its mission by meeting or exceeding its goals. This position will support cultural diversity by ensuring that the delivery of quality, equitable and culturally competent patient-centered care is provided; promoting and maintaining an inclusive work environment and culture that is respectful and accepting of diversity; and ensuring that cultural diversity and sensitivity training is part of new employee orientation on an on-going basis to meet the needs of the patient population served in the hospital.
Job Code: 100232
- CDM or Dietetic Technician registration with ADA if required by State or other regulatory agency.
- Current member of ADA if required by State or other regulatory agency
Education, Training and Years of Experience:
- Graduate of an associate degree program in food service, preferred. Must have knowledge of nutrition and dietetics, operations of hospital food services and knowledge of all H.A.C.C.P. guidelines preferred.
- Two years healthcare food service experience and preferably in a supervisory role
Machines, Equipment Used:
- General office equipment such as telephone, copy machine, fax machine, calculator, computer.
- Good visual acuity and ability to communicate.
- Ability to lift, push/pull and retrieve approximately 100% of the time.
- Ability to safely lift and carry objects weighing up to 50 pounds on a regular basis.
- Ability to safely push/pull objects weighing up to 150 pounds on wheels, with assistance, if necessary. The push/pull weight will be based on a loaded maximum weight of 300 pounds per cart.
- Ability to demonstrate safe retrieval skills from above the head to floor level with objects up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to withstand prolonged standing and walking.
- Ability to reach, stoop, bend, kneel, and crouch are required for patient care functions and in setting up and monitoring equipment.
- Adheres to the company's Standards of Business Conduct.
- Maintains current licensure and/or certifications, if applicable.
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to speak, read, write, and communicate effectively.
- Ability to coordinate, analyze, observe, make decisions, and meet deadlines in a detail-oriented manner.
- Ability to work independently without supervision.
- Indoor, temperature controlled, smoke-free environment. Occasional outdoor exposure.
- Exposure or potential exposure to blood and body fluids may be required.
- Handicapped accessible.
- Wet surfaces and sharp objects and high noise levels possible
- Hot and cold temperature extremes
- May work under stressful circumstances at times.
Proficiency or Productivity Standards:
- Meets established attendance standards.
- Adheres to hospital/department dress code including wearing ID badge.
- May be required to work weekdays and/or weekends, evenings and or night shifts if needed to meet deadlines.
- May be required to work on religious and/or legal holidays on scheduled days/shifts.
- Will be required to work as necessary during disaster situations, i.e., before, during or after a disaster.
- May be required to stay after workday to assist after a disaster situation until relief arrives.
- May be required to perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Address: 1623 Morgantown Road, Reading 19607
Shift: Day Job
Job ID: 1912292