Encompass Health Rehabilitation Hospital of Richmond (located at 5700 Fitzhugh Avenue, Richmond, VA 23226) is currently accepting applications for the role of Physical Therapist (PRN).
The Physical Therapist provides physical therapy treatment and patient care according to hospital, state, professional and federal regulations and guidelines. In addition, the position:
- Requires effective communication skills for working with patients, families, caregivers, and departmental and interdepartmental relationships.
- Requires competency in physical therapy evaluation, assessment, care planning and treatment.
- Requires task delegation and supervision of physical therapist assistants and technicians.
- Maintains open and on-going communication with hospital departments to ensure patient, staff, and hospital needs are met. The Physical Therapist creates an environment and culture that enables the hospital to fulfill its mission by providing patient safety and patient-centered treatment.
Who will you treat? We are an acute rehabilitation hospital setting. Typically our therapist can expect to spend an average of 2-4 weeks with our patients treating a wide clinical caseload such as: stroke, spinal cord injury, brain injury, various neurological disorders, rheumatoid arthritis, osteoarthritis, amputation, joint replacement, fractures, multiple trauma, cardiac conditions, and pulmonary conditions. 80% of our patients are discharged directly home.
We use evidence-based practice guidelines to treat our patients. We utilize our clinical outcomes to assess and improve our treatment interventions and programs. We participate in a national outcomes database, which provides benchmarks and sophisticated outcome reports to help us continually analyze and improve our patient outcomes.
You will use standard and advanced therapy technologies- depending on hospital location, some equipment used such as Auto Ambulators, Bioness, Interactive Metronome, Hand Mentor, SmartStep, Anodyne, Wii and CAPs may be available.
Helping you become a better therapist is critical to our success
- You will be paired with mentors; attend in-house as well as external educational programs. The treatment team is made up of full time therapists, nurses, social workers, pharmacists and medical staff; a great way to learn beyond your own discipline.
- PRN therapists are required to sign up to work a minimum of two weekend shifts each month, or one weekend shift and one weekday shift each month. However, hours are not guaranteed based on facility need.
Job Code: 100012