The Rehabilitation Technician II assist rehabilitation nurses and therapist with a variety of facets in rehabilitation treatment and patient care according to hospital, state, professional and federal regulations and guidelines. In addition, the position:
- Requires effective communication skills for working with patients, families, caregivers, and departmental and interdepartmental relationships.
- Requires competency in assisting with delegated rehabilitation treatment and patient care.
- Maintains open and on-going communication with coworkers and supervisors.
- Defers any information requests from physicians, patients, visitors etc regarding the patient’s condition, diagnosis, prognosis, progress, plan of care or discharge plan to nurses or therapists.
The Rehabilitation Technician II supports an environment and culture that enables the hospital to fulfill its mission by helping to provide patient safety and patient-centered treatment.
Why work for our Company?
To attract and retain the best professionals, we offer a comprehensive and competitive benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, 401(k), college savings plan, employee assistance program, pre-paid legal plan and much more. For more information on available benefits, please click here
Who are we?
We are the nation’s leading provider of rehabilitative services with over 100 acute rehabilitation hospitals in 26 states including Puerto Rico!
Depending on the hospital location you will have the opportunity to work in a 30-200 bed acute rehabilitation hospital providing quality treatment through a large group of healthcare professionals such as: Therapists, Neuropsychologists, Nurses, Pharmacists, Medical staff as well as non-clinical professionals all dedicated to returning our patients to the highest level of functioning possible.
Our Company employs some of the latest technology for our rehab hospitals. Our therapists will use standard and advanced therapy technologies - depending on hospital location, some equipment used such as Auto Ambulators, Bioness, Interactive Metronome, Hand Mentor, SmartStep, Anodyne, Wii and CAPs may be available.
With an average of 80% of our patients returning home, we are proud of the work we do. You could work anywhere, why not come to work knowing you are making a difference in someone’s life! Learn more about being a part of this successful team.
License or Certification:
· CPR certification preferred unless otherwise required by hospital policy.
· High School Diploma or equivalent preferred
· Minimum 2 years experience or holds a specialist certification, such as: ACT, Massage Therapist license, AS, BS, or MS Degree
· Has completed elements required for a Rehab Tech II or equivalent training in school or on-the-job training. Ask your HR Director for more info on the Rehab Tech clinical ladder and training manual.
· Good visual acuity and ability to communicate.
· Ability to lift, lower, push, pull, and retrieve objects weighing a minimum of 30 pounds of medical supplies and equipment and the transferring and repositioning of patients. Reasonable assistance may be requested when lifting, pushing, and/or pulling objects is undertaken which exceeds these minimum requirements.Address:
3131 Troup Hwy., Tyler 75701Shift:
Day JobJob ID: