Encompass Health Careers
Director of Human Resources - Gulfport, MS
Encompass Health Rehabilitation Hospital a partner of Memorial Hospital in Gulfport is currently looking for a Human Resources Director to join our hospital leadership team.
The Human Resources Director plans, organizes and directs all aspects of Human Resources Management in such a manner as to ensure fair and equitable treatment of all employees, compliance with all company policies and legal aspects of employee/employer relationships. In addition, the Human Resources Director:
• Directs hospital recruitment and retention program to ensure availability of appropriate staffing resources. Serves as a resource to department managers and other employees.
• Coordinates the overall education program for all staff in conjunction with the Education Coordinator/Employee Health Nurse.
• Monitors Employee Health activities and Workers’ Compensation management.
• Assists with Benefits Administration.
• Acts as liaison between Corporate HR and the hospital management.
• Ensures appropriate documentation and record-keeping for regulatory compliance.
Encompass Health Rehabilitatoin Hospital a partner of Memorial Hospital in Gulfport is a 33 bed inpatient rehabilitation hospital that offers comprehensive inpatient rehabilitation services designed to return patients to leading active and independent lives. This hospital is a joint venture with Memorial Hospital.
Our hospital provides a wide range of physical rehabilitation services, a vast network of highly skilled, independent private practice physicians and Encompass Health therapists and nurses, and the most innovative equipment and rehabilitation technology, ensuring that all patients have access to the highest quality care.
4500 13th Street
Gulfport, MS 39501
License or Certification:
- None. Professional in Human Resources (PHR) and/or SPHR certification preferred.
Education, Vocational Training and Experience:
· BA or BS degree in Personnel Administration, Hospital Administration, Business Administration or related field required. Experience may substitute for four year degree on a year for year basis.
· Minimum of three to five years of Human Resources Management experience, preferably in healthcare.
· Computer knowledge in Excel, Word, Publisher and PowerPoint preferred.
Essential Job Functions:
• Ensures compliance with state and federal regulations when setting policies and procedures and in dealing with daily employee situations.
- Is responsible for oversight of all HR office operations; benefits, recruitment and retention, workers compensation, staffing and wages, employee relations.
- Ensures that the hospital is compliant with The Joint Commission, state and federal standards.
Address: 4500 13th Street, Gulfport 39501
Shift: Day Job
Job ID: 1913143