Encompass Health Careers
Clinical Case Manager - RN, Therapist or LSW
Health Reading Rehabilitation Hospital (formerly HealthSouth)
Encompass Health Reading Rehabilitation Hospital is Joint Commission Certified and specializes in rehabilitative care across a wide-array of diagnoses.
For over 50 years, Encompass Health Rehabilitation Hospital of Reading has been serving patients from Berks, Chester, Montgomery, Lehigh, Lancaster counties and beyond.
Located on 35 acres of gently rolling hills, in Berks County, south of Reading and just five miles from the turnpike, Encompass Health Reading is a 60-bed acute rehabilitation hospital that offers comprehensive and rehabilitation services as well as Home Health service.
We Proudly Display our Gold Seal of Approval®
Stroke Rehabilitation ∙ Spinal Cord Injury Rehabilitation ∙ Brain Injury Rehabilitation
Committed to a higher level of care, our stroke rehabilitation, spinal cord injury rehabilitation and brain injury rehabilitation programs have earned Disease-Specific Care Certification from The Joint Commission in addition to Joint Commission accreditation.
Our 60-bed acute physical rehabilitation hospital offers the following inpatient specialty programs:
- Amputee Rehabilitation Program
- Musculoskeletal Rehabilitation Program
- Brain Injury Rehabilitation Program
- Burns Rehabilitation Program
- Multiple Trauma Rehabilitation Program
- Neuro-rehabilitation Program
- Orthopedics Rehabilitation Program
- Spinal Cord Injury Rehabilitation Program
- Stroke Rehabilitation Program
The Case Manager coordinates and advocates for the patient during their hospitalization, from admission to post discharge planning. Caseloads are typically 12-15 at a time.
The Case Manager oversees the effective coordination of services and manages issues in the following main areas: admission and discharge planning, team conference and interdisciplinary plan of care communication, manages information to effectively oversee health care delivery and facilitate interdisciplinary plan of care decisions, patient and family education, payor relations and total fiscal management.
The Case Manager performs ongoing utilization review and acts as a liaison to the payor while assuring that cost effective treatment is provided by the team. The case manager assures that regulations regarding patient's rights are fulfilled.
The Case Manager facilitates timely communication regarding the patient's care, establishes and monitors the discharge plan implementation while identifying and addressing patient's psychosocial and support systems issues.
Additional but important aspects of the Case Manager position include: collaborating with senior leadership regarding patient flow, census management, patient care outcomes and financial performance indicators.
To attract and retain the best professionals, we offer a comprehensive and competitive benefits package that includes DAY ONE medical, dental, vision, 401(k), college savings plan, employee assistance program, pre-paid legal plan and much more all effective day one of employment.
Keywords, Case manager, Clinical Case Manager, Registered Nurse, RN, Licensed Social Worker, LSW, LICSW, CCM, 19607
- Must be qualified to independently complete an assessment within the scope of practice of his/her discipline (for example, RN, Licensed Social Worker, Occupational Therapist, Physical Therapist).
- Active license is required for his/her discipline within his/her state.
- Must meet eligibility requirements for CCM® or ACM certification upon entry into this position OR within two years of entry into the position.
- CCM® or ACM certification required OR must be obtained within two years of being placed in the Case Manager II position.
Education, Training and Years of Experience:
- Registered Nurse, Licensed Social Worker, Occupational Therapist
- 2 years of rehabilitation experience preferred
Address: 1623 Morgantown Road, Reading 19607
Job ID: 1913436