Encompass Health Careers
Nutrition Services Director - Petersburg, VA
Encompass Health Rehabilitation Hospital of Petersburg is currently looking for a Director of Nutrition Services to join our hospital leadership team.
The Nutrition Services Director plans, directs and coordinates the activities of the Nutrition Service Department for multiple hospitals, departments, and/or maintains the role of Registered Dietitian and Nutrition Service Manager. The position implements and supports policies and procedures to provide administrative direction for cafeteria management, food preparation, distribution, service, budgeting, purchasing, sanitation standards, safety practices, staffing and staffing development and all other areas/departments of direct supervision and management. In addition, the Director role will provide administrative direction for therapeutic diets and assures that standard of care is met in accordance with all associate regulatory agencies and the administrative policies of the hospital. The Director is responsible for helping to create an environment and culture that enables the department to fulfill its mission by meeting or exceeding its goals. This position will support cultural diversity by ensuring that the delivery of quality, equitable and culturally competent patient-centered care is provided; promoting and maintaining an inclusive work environment and culture that is respectful and accepting of diversity; and ensuring that cultural diversity and sensitivity training is part of new employee orientation on an on-going basis to meet the needs of the patient population served in the hospital. Encompass Health Rehabilitation Hospital of Petersburg is a 64-bed inpatient rehabilitation hospital that offers comprehensive inpatient rehabilitation services designed to return patients to leading active and independent lives.
Our hospital provides a wide range of physical rehabilitation services, a vast network of highly skilled, independent private practice physicians and HealthSouth therapists and nurses, and the most innovative equipment and rehabilitation technology, ensuring that all patients have access to the highest quality care.
95 Medical Park Boulevard
Petersburg, VA 23805
License or Certification:
- Registered Dietitian (RD) with the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics a Certified Dietary Manager (CDM) or Executive Chef. Current member of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics preferred
Education, Training and Years of Experience:
- Graduate of a Bachelor’s degree program in Dietetics, Culinary Arts or related field preferred.
- Ten plus years healthcare food service experience, or 5 plus years of healthcare management experience required.
- Three to five years of healthcare clinical nutrition, or executive chef experience required.
- Must have thorough knowledge of nutrition and dietetics, administration and operation of hospital food services.
- Must have knowledge of all H.A.C.C.P. guidelines.
Address: 95 Medical Park Blvd, Petersburg 23805
Job ID: 1913495