Encompass Health Careers
Director of Pharmacy - Largo, FL
Encompass Health Rehabilitation Hospital of Largo is currently looking for a Director of Pharmacy to join our hospital leadership team.
The Pharmacy Director is a contributing member of the hospital leadership team and is responsible for fostering and enhancing an environment and culture that enables the hospital to fulfill its mission and meet or exceed its goals. The Pharmacy Director supports and conveys the hospital and organization’s mission to all staff, holds staff accountable for performance, motivates and develops staff to improve performance and is an effective leader. The Pharmacy Director supports cultural diversity by ensuring that the delivery of quality, equitable, culturally competent patient-centered care is provided; promoting and maintaining an inclusive work environment and culture that is respectful and accepting of diversity. The Pharmacy Director maintains relationships with the Chief Nursing Officer, Director of Case Management, Director of Marketing, Director of HR, Director of Quality, Controller, and Medical Director to ensure that patient, staff, and the hospital needs are met. The Pharmacy Director is responsible for the overall departmental operations, including departmental scheduling, conducting continuous assessment and implementation of process improvements that will enhance the pharmacy department’s performance, and providing direct patient and pharmaceutical care.
Encompass Health Rehabilitation Hospital of Largo is a 70-bed inpatient rehabilitation hospital that offers comprehensive inpatient rehabilitation services designed to return patients to leading active and independent lives.
Our hospital provides a wide range of physical rehabilitation services, a vast network of highly-skilled, independent private practice physicians and HealthSouth therapists and nurses, and the most innovative equipment and rehabilitation technology, ensuring that all patients have access to the highest quality care.
901 Clearwater Largo Road North
Largo, FL 33770
License or Certification:
- Licensed in good standing by the State Pharmacy Board. For the State in which the hospital is located.
Education, Training and Years of Experience:
- Successfully completed a degree from an accredited pharmacy program or one that is determined to be substantially equivalent to a U.S. accredited program by an appropriate certifying agency.
- Minimum 2 years of supervisory experience.
Essential Job Functions:
· Demonstrates and maintains competence in the practice of clinical health system pharmacy. Including: antimicrobial stewardship, non-sterile and sterile drug preparation, controlled substances, hospital pharmacy accreditation, anticoagulation drug therapy management and medication safety.
· Implements and communicates policies and procedures, and holds staff accountable to their roles and responsibilities.
· Participates in National and Regional pharmacy informational and educational programs
· Ensures that that pharmacy is in a constant state of readiness to meet local, state, national regulations and credentialing organizations.
· Provides staff and hospital education regarding pharmaceutical care and medication management.
· Maintains an organized, neat and clean pharmacy department.
· Monitors and interprets data including pharmaceutical usage, medication costs, and patient outcomes. Targets improvement opportunities and implements and monitors improvements. Targets, monitors and implements opportunities for improvement.
· Understands sourcing of pharmaceuticals and pharmacy supplies and procures medications and supplies from most cost effective source.
· Implements and monitors clinical programs that support evidence based practice and cost-effective drug therapy.
· Implements approved pharmacy workflow procedures including processes related to the EHR system and holds staff accountable for following prescribed workflow.
· Stays current of new medications and new indications and evidence based medicine related to pharmacy practice.
· Communicates effectively with clinical teams to ensure effective transitions of care for patients on admission.
· Actively serves and leads various hospital committees (i.e. Quality Assurance, Formulary, Pharmacy and Therapeutics, MEC and Safety, etc.).
· Collaborates with the controller to prepare and manage departmental budgets for staffing, drugs and supplies.
· Collaborates with the HR department to ensure adherence to employment laws and company HR policies within the department.
· Assists HR and provider enrollment to ensure licensing certifications for staff as required are current.
· Supports corporate compliance programs and reports questionable situations, concerns, and complaints immediately.
· Monitors processes such as scheduling, staffing, medication management, clinical programs, protocols, communications, and procurement, and pharmaceutical waste.
· Provides direct patient and pharmaceutical care as needed.
Address: 901 North Clearwater-Largo Rd, Largo 33770
Shift: Day Job
Job ID: 1913496