Encompass Health Careers
Director of Business Development - Pleasant Gap, PA
Encompass Health Rehabilitation Hospital of Nittany Valley is currently looking for a Business Development Director to join our hospital leadership team.
Encompass Health Rehabilitation Hospital of Nittany Valley is a 73-bed inpatient rehabilitation hospital that offers comprehensive inpatient rehabilitation services designed to return patients to leading active and independent lives.
Our hospital provides a wide range of physical rehabilitation services, a vast network of highly skilled, independent private practice physicians and Encompass Health therapists and nurses, and the most innovative equipment and rehabilitation technology, ensuring that all patients have access to the highest quality care.
550 West College Ave.
Pleasant Gap, PA 16823
The Business Development
Director is responsible for hospital inpatient and outpatient census through
the design and implementation of referral programs and customer service
strategies. Oversees inpatient admission process. Manages, trains and develops
hospital-wide Business Development Team. The Business Development Director
Serves in a Senior Leadership role.
The Business Development Director is responsible to help create an environment and culture that enables the hospital to fulfill its mission by meeting or exceeding its goals, conveying the hospital mission to all staff, holding staff accountable for performance, motivating staff to improve performance and being responsible for the operation of the department, measurement, assessment and continuous improvement of the department's performance.
This position will support cultural diversity by ensuring that the delivery of quality, equitable and culturally competent patient-centered care is provided; promoting and maintaining an inclusive work environment and culture that is respectful and accepting of diversity; and ensuring that cultural diversity and sensitivity training is part of new employee orientation on an on-going basis to meet the needs of the patient population served in the hospital.
License or Certification:
· Driver’s license and acceptable driving record according to company policy.
Total Education, Vocational Training and Experience:
· Minimum 2 years experience as a marketing representative, or nurse liaison in a healthcare environment.
· Bachelor’s degree in related area preferred.
· Successful track record in leading, managing or direct sales and marketing, preferably in Healthcare environment.
· Physician relations, Case manager, Managed care, Knowledge of local healthcare market preferred.
Essential Job Functions:
- Reviews, evaluates, and monitors critical numbers, taking actions to reverse negative admission and discharge volume trends, and implements plans to ensure marketing effectiveness.
- Effectively and appropriately communicates financial data and operational indicators to marketing and other relevant staff.
- Monitors and measures volume, case mix growth, CMS %, payer mix %, and functional outcomes of patients to ensure quality product lines.
- Utilizes monthly data to measure progress towards goals.
- Understands the volume impact on EBITDA to meet the financial of the business.
Address: 550 West College Avenue, Pleasant Gap 16823-8808
Shift: Day Job
Job ID: 1913558