Encompass Health Careers
Nurse Supervisor- 3pm-11pm
Encompass Health Rehabilitation Hospital of New England
Formerly New England Rehabilitation Hospital – is part of the Encompass Health family of acute rehab hospitals known throughout the US for superior clinical outcomes!
Our 210 bed acute physical rehabilitation hospital located just north of Boston, MA provides care for general rehabilitation diagnoses, such as amputations, arthritis, hip fracture, joint replacement, burns, spinal cord injury, multiple trauma, we also treat neurological conditions, such as stroke, brain injury, Guillian Barre, Parkinson’s disease, multiple sclerosis, or critical illness myopathy, orthopedics, and other cardiac conditions.
Admitting most patient’s just days out of surgery or the ICU and with an average 1-3 week length of stay, we help individuals quickly recover from a significant medical event and return home to their lives and their families!
Come see how we are changing people’s lives- everyday. Maybe you can too!
The Nurse Supervisor is the administrative point person all critical functions during their 3pm to 11pm shift and has “whole house” responsibility.
** This position can be either 32 hours or 40 hours a week, depending on your needs. **
* Assisting in the development of
patient care programs, policies, and procedures that describe how patients'
needs for nursing care, treatment, and services are assessed, evaluated, and
* Implements plans for providing nursing care, treatment, and services including the types and numbers of nursing personnel necessary to provide nursing care.
* Manages scheduling, patient concerns, and facilities issues with the support of on-site housekeeping and maintenance staff.
* Coordinates closely with
interdisciplinary teams including Therapy, Case Management, Pharmacy and
* Holds staff accountable for performance, and motivates staff to improve performance.
* Supervising and coordinating nursing staff- primarily RNs and CNAs delivering nursing care for assigned shift.
* Coordinating administration and
clinical activities, both inter and intra-departmentally, so that optimum
patient care is provided, staffing is maintained and costs contained.
To attract and retain the best professionals, we offer a comprehensive and competitive benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, 401(k), college savings plan, employee assistance program, pre-paid legal plan and much more. Benefits are effective day one of employment!
Encompass Health is the nation’s leading provider of rehabilitative services with over 130 acute rehabilitation hospitals in 36 states including Puerto Rico!
Keywords: Nurse Manger, Nurse Supervisor, ADON, Med/Surg, Charge Nurse, Assistant Nurse Manager, DON, Unit Manager, Shift Supervisor, Clinical Resource, 01801
Job Code: 100124
License or Certification:
* Current RN licensure appropriate to state regulations
* Bachelor's Degree in Nursing ideal
certification with ACLS certification to be obtained within one year of hire or
entry to position
* CRRN certification supported
* CPR certification
* Five years experience in inpatient hospital setting ideal, but not required.
* Two plus years nursing leadership experience
Address: 2 Rehabilitation Way, Woburn 01801
Shift: Evening Job
Job ID: 1913731