Encompass Health Careers
Case Manager- RN, LSW, Therapist
Encompass Health Rehabilitation Hospital of Braintree
Encompass Health Rehabilitation Hospital of Braintree, MA is a 187 bed acute physical rehabilitation hospital located just south of Boston, MA. In addition to caring for general rehabilitation diagnoses, such as amputations, arthritis, hip fracture, joint replacement, burns, spinal cord injury, multiple trauma, we also treat neurological conditions, such as stroke, brain injury, Guillian Barre, Parkinson’s disease, multiple sclerosis, or critical illness myopathy, orthopedics, and other cardiac conditions.
We are proud of our Joint Commission Gold Seals of Approval for Stroke Rehabilitation and Brain Injury Rehabilitation!
Admitting most patient’s just days out of surgery or the ICU and with an average 1-3 week length of stay, we help individuals quickly recover from a significant medical event and return home to their lives and their families!
Come see how we are changing people’s lives- every day. Maybe you can too!
Our 187 bed acute physical rehabilitation hospital offers the following inpatient specialty programs:
- Amputee Rehabilitation Program
- Musculoskeletal Rehabilitation Program
- Brain Injury Rehabilitation Program
- Burns Rehabilitation Program
- Multiple Trauma Rehabilitation Program
- Neuro-rehabilitation Program
- Orthopedics Rehabilitation Program
- Spinal Cord Injury Rehabilitation Program
- Stroke Rehabilitation Program
The Case Manager coordinates and advocates for the patient during their hospitalization, from admission to post discharge planning. Caseloads are typically 12-15 at a time.
The Case Manager oversees the effective coordination of services and manages issues in the following main areas: admission and discharge planning, team conference and interdisciplinary plan of care communication, manages information to effectively oversee health care delivery and facilitate interdisciplinary plan of care decisions, patient and family education, payor relations and total fiscal management.
The Case Manager performs ongoing utilization review and acts as a liaison to the payor while assuring that cost effective treatment is provided by the team. The case manager assures that regulations regarding patient's rights are fulfilled.
The Case Manager facilitates timely communication regarding the patient's care, establishes and monitors the discharge plan implementation while identifying and addressing patient's psychosocial and support systems issues.
Additional but important aspects of the Case Manager position include: collaborating with senior leadership regarding patient flow, census management, patient care outcomes and financial performance indicators.
To attract and retain the best professionals, we offer a comprehensive and competitive benefits package that includes DAY ONE medical, dental, vision, 401(k), college savings plan, employee assistance program, pre-paid legal plan and much more all effective day one of employment.
Keywords, Case manager, Clinical Case Manager, Registered Nurse, RN, Licensed Social Worker, LSW, LICSW, CCM, 02184
License or Certification:
* Current MA RN licensure
* CRRN certification to be obtained within a year of meeting the eligibility requirement to sit for the examination
* CPR certification
* Bachelor's Degree in Nursing, Masters in Nursing preferred
* Five years experience in inpatient hospital setting preferred
* Two plus years Nursing Management experience with responsibilities including such as 24 hour accountability, FTE management, policy, procedure, and budgetary oversight, and conducting disciplinary action.
Address: 250 Pond Street, Braintree 02184
Job ID: 1913743