Encompass Health Careers
The Director, Reimbursement oversees all reimbursement functions for assigned Company locations including the timely preparation and review of Medicare, Medicaid and other third-party cost reports, acting as a liaison between the Company and governmental contractors/agencies and provider enrollment activities. The position is responsible for the management, education and training of departmental personnel. Strong demonstrated abilities to grow professionally, develop others and create a cohesive results oriented team environment a must. The Director is responsible for the accuracy of all departmental financial reporting, oversight of department internal controls, and acts as a liaison for external audits (financial or governmental). Finally, the Director is responsible to protect all Company assets including the oversight of appeals and reopening regarding all third party payor payments. This position will support cultural diversity by promoting and maintaining an inclusive work environment and culture that is respectful and accepting of diversity.
POSITION REQUIREMENTS AND ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
License or Certification:
Education, Training and Years of Experience:
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting preferred.
- Minimum 10+ of healthcare/reimbursement experience.
- Minimum six years of management experience.
- Working experience of Microsoft Office Products.
Machines, Equipment Used:
- General office equipment such as telephone, copy machine, fax machine, calculator, computer.
- Good visual acuity and ability to communicate.
- Ability to lift a minimum of 30 pounds and ability push/pull a minimum of 50 pounds, which includes the lifting, pushing and/or pulling of supplies and equipment. Reasonable assistance may be requested when lifting, pushing, and/or pulling are undertaken which exceeds these minimum requirements.
Skills and Abilities:
- Team player, ability to train and share knowledge, strong analytical skills and ability to problem solve, strong organizational skills, strong interpersonal communication skills, demonstrated leadership skills.
- Ability to speak, read, write, and communicate effectively.
- Ability to coordinate, analyze, observe, make decisions, and meet deadlines in a detail-oriented manner.
- Ability to work independently without supervision.
- Ability to make sound business decisions.
- Ability to supervise staff positions.
- Ability to develop and train staff.
- Ability to infrequently travel to meetings and/or other locations.
- Indoor, temperature controlled, smoke-free environment.
- Handicapped accessible.
- May work under stressful circumstances at times.
Proficiency or Productivity Standards:
- Meets established attendance standards.
- Adheres to dress code including wearing ID badge.
- May be required to work weekdays and/or weekends, evenings and or night shifts if needed to meet deadlines.
- May be required to work on religious and/or legal holidays on scheduled days/shifts.
- May be required to perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Address: 9001 Liberty Parkway, Birmingham 35242
Shift: Day Job
Job ID: 1913977