Encompass Health Careers
Encompass Health Reading Rehabilitation Hospital (formerly HealthSouth)
Encompass Health Reading Rehabilitation Hospital is Joint Commission Certified and specializes in rehabilitative care across a wide-array of diagnoses.
For over 50 years, Encompass Health Rehabilitation Hospital of Reading has been serving patients from Berks, Chester, Montgomery, Lehigh, Lancaster counties and beyond.
Located on 35 acres of gently rolling hills, in Berks County, south of Reading and just five miles from the turnpike, Encompass Health Reading is a 60-bed acute rehabilitation hospital that offers comprehensive and rehabilitation services as well as Home Health service.
We Proudly Display our Gold Seal of Approval®
Stroke Rehabilitation ∙ Spinal Cord Injury Rehabilitation ∙ Brain Injury Rehabilitation
Committed to a higher level of care, our stroke rehabilitation, spinal cord injury rehabilitation and brain injury rehabilitation programs have earned Disease-Specific Care Certification from The Joint Commission in addition to Joint Commission accreditation.
Our 60-bed acute rehabilitation hospital offers the following inpatient specialty programs:
- Amputee Rehabilitation Program
- Musculoskeletal Rehabilitation Program
- Brain Injury Rehabilitation Program
- Burns Rehabilitation Program
- Multiple Trauma Rehabilitation Program
- Neuro-rehabilitation Program
- Orthopedics Rehabilitation Program
- Spinal Cord Injury Rehabilitation Program
- Stroke Rehabilitation Program
The Pharmacist contributes to excellent patient outcomes and satisfaction through:
- Ensuring the daily operations within the hospital pharmacy allow the pharmacy to meet all customer and patient expectations.
- Contributing to and developing pharmacy specific policies and procedures, ensuring all policies and procedures meet all applicable Joint Commission and other auditing agency regulations.
- Participating on the interdisciplinary team; providing the appropriate information to the team and utilizing the information received to ensure positive patient outcomes.
- Accurate interpretation of medication orders, and compound and dispense medication preparations in accordance with the legal and professional standards of pharmacy practice.
What types of patients will you see? We are an acute rehabilitation hospital setting. Our patients come with a wide variety of diagnosis such as: stroke, spinal cord injury, brain injury, various neurological disorders, rheumatoid arthritis, osteoarthritis, amputation, joint replacement, fractures, multiple trauma, cardiac conditions, and pulmonary conditions. 80% of our patients are discharged directly home.
We use evidence-based practice guidelines to treat our patients. We utilize our clinical outcomes to assess and improve our treatment interventions and programs. We participate in a national outcomes database, which provides benchmarks and sophisticated outcome reports to help us continually analyze and improve our patient outcomes.
Helping you become a better pharmacist is critical to our success - You will be paired with mentors; attend in-house as well as external educational programs. The treatment team is made up of full time therapists, nurses, social workers, pharmacists and medical staff; a great way to learn beyond your own discipline.
Job Code: 100092
License or Certification
- Licensed in good standing by the appropriate state pharmacy board.
Education, Training and Years of Experience:
- Successful completion a degree from an accredited pharmacy program or one that is determined to be substantially equivalent to a U.S. accredited program by an appropriate certifying agency preferred.
- Minimum 1 year of supervisory experience.
- Good visual acuity and ability to communicate.
- Ability to lift a minimum of 25 pounds and ability push/pull a minimum of 50 pounds, which includes the lifting, pushing and/or pulling of medical supplies and equipment.
Address: 1623 Morgantown Road, Reading 19607
Shift: Day Job
Job ID: 1914351