Encompass Health Careers
Human Resources Coordinator
The Human Resources Coordinator, under the direction of the Employee Relations Manager will provide project assistance, coordination, management and/or oversight as needed for various special projects or tasks within the Human Resources department. This position is focused primarily on transactional project needs, as opposed to strategic human resources functions. The Human Resources Coordinator must have very strong organizational skills, the ability to maintain employee confidential information, the ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously and strong computer skills among other skills/abilities noted below.
Job Code: 101008
POSITION REQUIREMENTS AND ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
License or Certification:
- None. Professional in Human Resources (PHR) and/or SPHR certification preferred.
Education, Vocational Training and Experience:
- BA or BS degree in Personnel Administration, Hospital Administration, Business Administration or related field preferred. Experience may substitute for four year degree on a year for year basis.
- One to three years of Human Resources experience, preferably in healthcare.
- Computer knowledge in Excel, Word, Publisher and PowerPoint preferred.
Machines, Equipment Used:
- General office equipment such as telephone, copy machine, fax machine, calculator, computer.
- Good visual acuity and ability to communicate.
- Ability to lift, lower, push, pull, and retrieve objects weighing a minimum of 30 pounds including medical supplies and equipment and the transferring and repositioning of patients. Reasonable assistance may be requested when lifting, pushing, and/or pulling are undertaken which exceeds these minimum requirements.
- Adheres to the company¿s Standards of Business Conduct.
- Maintains current licensure and/or certifications, if applicable.
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to speak, read, write, and communicate effectively.
- Ability to coordinate, analyze, observe, make decisions, and meet deadlines in a detail-oriented manner.
- Ability to work independently without constant supervision.
- Indoor, temperature controlled, smoke-free environment. Occasional outdoor exposure.
- Exposure or potential exposure to blood and body fluids may be required.
- Handicapped accessible.
- May work under stressful circumstances at times.
Proficiency or Productivity Standards:
- Has regular, reliable and predictable attendance and punctuality.
- Adheres to hospital/department dress code including wearing ID badge.
- May be required to work weekdays and/or weekends, evenings and or night shifts if needed to meet deadlines.
- May be required to work on religious and/or legal holidays on scheduled days/shifts.
- Will be required to work as necessary during disaster situations, i.e., before, during or after a disaster.
- May be required to stay after workday to assist after a disaster situation until relief arrives.
- May be required to perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Address: 9001 Liberty Parkway, Birmingham 35242
Job ID: 1914877