Encompass Health Careers
Chief Nursing Officer - Anderson, SC
AnMed Health Rehabilitation Hospital is currently looking for a Chief Nursing Officer to join our hospital leadership team in Anderson, South Carolina.
The Chief Nursing Officer (CNO) is responsible for the development and implementation of the plans for providing nursing care, treatment, and services including determination of the types and numbers of nursing personnel necessary to provide nursing care and the development of a patient focused, team oriented culture, working in conjunction with all other medical, clinical and therapeutic disciplines to ensure optimal service and superior outcomes. The CNO holds full responsibility for the quality of nursing care provided. Represents nursing on the Governing Body and other hospital committees. This position will support cultural diversity by ensuring that the delivery of quality, equitable and culturally competent patient-centered care is provided; promoting and maintaining an inclusive work environment and culture that is respectful and accepting of diversity; and ensuring that cultural diversity and sensitivity training is part of new employee orientation on an on-going basis to meet the needs of the patient population served in the hospital.
Our hospital is owned and operated by Encompass Health in affiliation with AnMed Health. AnMed Health Rehabilitation Hospital is a 60-bed inpatient rehabilitation hospital that offers comprehensive inpatient and outpatient rehabilitation services designed to return patients to leading active and independent lives.
Our hospital provides a wide range of physical rehabilitation services, a vast network of highly skilled, independent private practice physicians and Encompass Health therapists and nurses, and the most innovative equipment and rehabilitation technology, ensuring that all patients have access to the highest quality care. Designed with our patient’s care in mind, AnMed Health Rehabilitation Hospital offers semi-private rooms with amenities like individual televisions, telephones and wireless internet capabilities.
In addition to caring for general rehabilitation diagnoses such as pulmonary, diabetes, orthopedic and neurological disorders, AnMed Health Rehabilitation Hospital has specialized inpatient programs for stroke, spinal cord injury, hip fracture and brain injury.
1 Spring Back Way, Anderson, SC 29621
Click here for a map and contact information for our location.
License or Certification:
- Current RN licensure appropriate to state regulations (unrestricted)
- BLS certification (ACLS Preferred)
- CRRN certification to be obtained within a year of meeting the eligibity requirement to sit for the examination.
Education, Training and Years of Experience:
- Master’s Degree in Nursing or related field (preferred).
- Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing or related field required unless higher degree required by state.
- Five years experience in inpatient hospital setting.
- Two years recent (within the last 5 years) Nursing Management experience with responsibilities including such as 24 hour accountability, FTE management, policy, procedure, and budgetary oversight, and conducting disciplinary action.
Essential Job Functions:
· Develops patient care programs, policies, and procedures that describe how patients’ needs for nursing care, treatment, and services are assessed, evaluated, and met.
· Develops and implements the plans for providing nursing care, treatment, and services including determination of the types and numbers of nursing personnel necessary to provide nursing care.
· Develops a patient focused, team oriented culture, working in conjunction with all other medical, clinical and therapeutic disciplines to ensure optimal service and superior outcomes.
· Develops and implements programs enhancing a culture of safety and accountability related to all aspects of patient care.
· Creates an environment and culture that enables the hospital to fulfill its mission by meeting or exceeding its goals, conveying the hospital mission to all staff, holding staff accountable for performance, motivating staff to improve performance and being responsible for the measurement, assessment and continuous.
· Supervises and coordinates nursing personnel and the delivery of nursing care on a 24-hour basis insuring an RN is present on each unit at all times and that all patient care activities are completed as required.
· Actively participates as a member of the hospital’s Governing Body, Quality Council, Med Exec, Infection Control, Education, Ethics Committees at a minimum.
· Implements effective, ongoing programs to measure, assess, and improve nursing care, treatment, and services delivered to patients.
· Integrates complex data to formulate decisions, develop programs and plans that optimize health, promote wellness, manage illness, and prevent complications or secondary disabilities in the population served.
· Implements Joint Commission, CMS, State and hospital standards and, in particular, the integration of rehabilitation nursing into these standards.
· Collaborates with nursing peers, the interdisciplinary team and others who influence healthcare.
· Utilizes staffing matrix that factors in patient acuity and adjusts staffing to meet budgeted NHPPD.
· Identifies training needs and resources for staff with other organizational leaders.
· Develops and conducts performance appraisals on department staff.
· Maintains professional licensure, clinical competence as an RN and certifications and is a functional resource to staff.
· Insures the appropriate types and numbers of nursing personnel necessary to provide nursing care are present and appropriately assigned.
· Provides crisis management in the absence of the safety officer and CEO.
· Monitors and appropriately controls contract labor utilization and expenses.
· Works to control and/or reduce turnover and increase retention.
· Organizes, plans, and manages time effectively to complete assignments.
· Meets position requirements and performs essential functions.
· Successfully completes all assigned training on or before due date and annual skills competency as determined by the hospital based on new responsibilities, specialized equipment, high risk/problem prone/or low volume procedures including but not limited to waived testing, application of restraints, and emergency response techniques.
· Reports questionable situations, concerns, complaints or harassment immediately.
Address: 1 Springback Way, Anderson 29621
Shift: Day Job
Job ID: 1915275