Encompass Health Rehabilitation Hospital of Richmond (formerly HealthSouth) is currently accepting applications for the role of Registered Nurse for our Day Shift team. This position is a PRN role but may require participation in a weekend and holiday coverage rotation.
We are Powered by Nurses and our Nursing team is vital to helping our patients regain hope and independence.
Act as the direct link to help patients succeed in inpatient rehabilitation by supervising care and treatments provided by team members, leading patient assessments, creating personalized plans of care, communicating progress and targeting patient concerns, offering timely solutions.
The importance of nursing to our rehabilitation hospitals can't be overstated. Comprehensive rehabilitation is planned and administered by a highly specialized and integrated team including physicians, nurses, physical therapists, respiratory therapists, speech therapists, occupational therapists, case managers and others. Rehabilitation nurses are a valuable resource and bring an important perspective to this interdisciplinary approach. Our rehabilitation nurses help the patients regain control of their lives and their independence, treating complex medical issues and redefining how care is provided.
Only the best will do and most benefits are available as of your first day of employment! Our benefits include:
- Comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans
- College savings plan
- Employee assistance program
- Pre-paid legal plan
- and much more!
Eighty percent of patients discharged directly home
Our registered nursing teams get to know patients over two to four weeks on average, providing care for conditions such as:
- Spinal cord injury
- Brain injury
- Neurological disorders
- Joint replacement
License or Certification:
- Current RN licensures appropriate to state regulations
- CPR certification (ACLS preferred)
- CRRN certification preferred
Education, Training and Years of Experience:
- One year of experience in inpatient hospital setting preferred
- Inpatient rehabilitation experience preferred
Machines, Equipment Used:
- General office equipment such as telephone, copy machine, fax machine, calculator, computer
- Good visual acuity and ability to communicate
- Ability to lift a minimum of 30 pounds and ability push/pull a minimum of 30 pounds, which includes the lifting, pushing and/or pulling of medical supplies and equipment and the transferring and repositioning of patients. Reasonable assistance may be requested when lifting, pushing, and/or pulling are undertaken which exceeds these minimum requirements
- Ability to withstand prolonged standing and walking
- Ability to reach, stoop, bend, kneel, and crouch are required for patient care functions and in setting up and monitoring equipment
5700 Fitzhugh Avenue, Richmond 23226Shift:
Day JobJob ID: