Encompass Health Careers
Medical Case Manager/Hospital
Encompass Health Rehabilitation Hospital has a full time Case Manager position available immediately. Our Case Managers guide our patients through their rehab stay; impacting each patient's quality of life by ensuring that all resources are established facilitating the patient's ability to return home. Encompass Health Rehabilitation Hospital of Mechanicsburg is a 75 bed inpatient rehabilitation facility offering inpatient, outpatient and home health services to our patients, encompassing their healthcare needs during their recovery process.You will be an integral part of an industry leading hospital that provides a wide range of physical rehabilitation services, a vast network of highly skilled nurses, independent private practice physicians and therapists, offering the most innovative equipment and rehabilitation technology, ensuring that all patients have access to the highest possible quality of care. Our guiding principles of comfort, professionalism and respect extends to our patients, their families and visitors and our employee team. If this sounds like something that you would like to be a part of, we invite you to apply!
Job code: 100679
License and Certification:
- Must be qualified to independently complete an assessment within the scope of practice of his/her discipline (for example, RN, SW, OT, PT, ST, and Rehabilitation Counseling).
- If licensure is required for his/her discipline within his/her state, individual must hold an active license.
- Must meet eligibility requirements for CCM® or ACM certification upon entry into this position OR within two years of entry into the position.
- CCM® or ACM certification required OR must be obtained within two years of being placed in the Case Manager II position.
Education, Training and Years of Experience:
- For Nursing, must possess minimum of an Associate Degree in Nursing, RN licensure with BSN preferred. A diploma is acceptable only in those states whose minimum requirement for licensure or certification is a diploma rather than an Associate Degree.
- For all other eligible licensed or certified health care professionals, must possess a minimum of a baccalaureate degree and graduate degree is preferred.
- 2 years of rehabilitation experience preferred
Machines, Equipment Used:
- General office equipment such as telephone, copy machine, fax machine, calculator, computer.
- Good visual acuity and ability to communicate.
- Ability to lift, lower, push, pull, and retrieve objects weighing a minimum of 30 pounds. Reasonable assistance may be requested when lifting, pushing, and/or pulling are undertaken which exceeds these minimum requirements.
- Adheres to the company's Standards of Business Conduct.
- Maintains current licensure and/or certifications, if applicable.
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to speak, read, write, and communicate effectively.
- Ability to coordinate, analyze, observe, make decisions, and meet deadlines in a detail-oriented manner.
- Ability to work independently without supervision.
- Indoor, temperature controlled, smoke-free environment. Occasional outdoor exposure.
- Exposure or potential exposure to blood and body fluids may be required.
- Handicapped accessible.
- May work under stressful circumstances at times.
Proficiency or Productivity Standards:
- Meets established attendance standards.
- Adheres to hospital/department dress code including wearing ID badge.
- May be required to work weekdays and/or weekends, evenings and or night shifts if needed to meet deadlines.
- May be required to work on religious and/or legal holidays on scheduled days/shifts.
- Will be required to work as necessary during disaster situations, i.e., before, during or after a disaster.
- May be required to stay after workday to assist after a disaster situation until relief arrives.
- May be required to perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Address: 175 Lancaster Boulevard, Mechanicsburg 17055-2016
Job ID: 1916479