Fairlawn Rehabilitation Hospital
Fairlawn Rehabilitation Hospital, an affiliate of Encompass Health
We are a 110 bed acute rehabilitation hospital located in Worcester, MA. We provide comprehensive Inpatient and Outpatient rehabilitative care for orthopedic, neurologic, multi-trauma, brain injury, stroke, pulmonary and cardiac rehabilitation needs.
We are a clinical hospital setting with a full complement of Therapists, Nurses, Pharmacists, Neuropsychologists and Medical staff to consistently offer the best possible outcomes for our patients.
With an average length of stay between 1-3 weeks, we have the ability to get to know our patients and their families. We are proud of the fact that 80% of the patients admitted to Fairlawn Rehabilitation Hospital of Worcester, MA are discharged directly to their homes.
Come see how we are changing people’s lives- Everyday. Maybe you can too!
We have a position available for a 40 hour Hospital Educator.
The right fit would have a background in nursing.
- The Hospital Educator plans, develops and coordinates continuing clinical and non-clinical in-service education programs within the hospital for all staff.
- The Hospital Educator works with hospital leadership and staff to assess current educational needs and develops a plan to satisfy those needs.
- The position also assists in ongoing revision and implementation of policies and procedures, protocol development and equipment implementation.
- This position is involved in the orientation of new staff and coordinates CPR certification for staff as needed.
- This position functions with limited supervision, and must be able to work effectively across all hospital departments.
- Additionally, the Hospital Educator is expected to stay current on the latest care techniques within their own educational area of expertise and may serve as the point-person for local schools that have classes of students completing clinical rotations at the hospital.
Job Code: 100121
RN valid license in the state of Massachusetts.
Previous experience in staff training, orientation or clinical education
CPR Instructor preferred.
- Previous experience with CPR certified machines
- Good visual acuity and ability to communicate.
- Ability to lift a minimum of 30 pounds and ability push/pull a minimum of 50 pounds, which includes the lifting, pushing and/or pulling of medical supplies and equipment and the transferring and repositioning of patients.
- May be required to work weekdays and/or weekends, evenings and or night shifts if needed to meet deadlines.
- May be required to work on religious and/or legal holidays on scheduled days/shifts. - Will be required to work as necessary during disaster situations, i.e., before, during or after a disaster.
- May be required to stay after workday to assist after a disaster situation until relief arrives. Address:
189 May Street, Worcester 01602Shift:
Day JobJob ID: