Encompass Health Careers
Facilities Management Director - Charleston, SC
Encompass Health Rehabilitation Hospital of Charleston is currently looking for a Facilities Management Director to join our hospital leadership team.
The Facilities Management Director is responsible for ensuring that the company Rehabilitation Hospital, satellite clinic(s) and all related building systems and equipment are installed and maintained in accordance Joint Commission standards and applicable local, state, and federal regulatory requirements. In addition, this position coordinates and conducts the Environment of Care/Safety meetings and may serve as Safety Officer ensuring compliance with all regulatory agency requirements. The Director coordinates and oversees preventive and corrective maintenance programs per the standards in the industry and equipment manufacturers' recommendations.
Encompass Health Rehabilitation Hospital of Charleston is a 49-bed inpatient rehabilitation hospital that offers comprehensive inpatient rehabilitation services designed to return patients to leading active and independent lives.
Our hospital provides a wide range of physical rehabilitation services, a vast network of highly skilled, independent private practice physicians and Encompass Health therapists and nurses, and the most innovative equipment and rehabilitation technology, ensuring that all patients have access to the highest quality care.
9181 Medcom St., North
Charleston, SC 29406
License or Certification:
- Membership in State or National Healthcare Engineering Association preferred.
- CHFM Preferred.
- Valid Driver’s License.
Education, Training and Years of Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree and/or 5-7 years of hospital maintenance and/or construction experience in a healthcare setting required.
- Minimum of 5 years supervisory experience with 5 years current experience in plant equipment and systems operation (chiller, steam boilers, hydraulic systems, building controls, electrical, and air handlers) in a health care institution.
- Candidates must have a broad knowledge of TJC, OSHA, EPA, NFPA and other government, state and local regulatory agencies standards.
- Leadership skills to lead a diverse workforce with varying abilities and skills.
Essential Job Functions:
- Oversees lead Maintenance and Environmental Services staff and coordinates routine and non-routine activities.
- Performs responsibilities including, but not limited to, safety, environmental services, waste management, electrical and mechanical equipment services, biomedical, medical waste, infection control, energy management, loss prevention, telecommunications, grounds keeping, transportation, environmental protection, security, and preventative maintenance.
- Effectively utilizes computerized maintenance management software (CMMS) program.
- Utilizes Hospital IQ and hospital utility bills to analyze plant operations energy usage.
- Reviews, evaluates, and monitors the hospital’s maintenance expenses, including historical data and equipment life cycles to anticipate future expenditures, and takes action to reverse negative trends.
- Develops a multi-year hospital plan encompassing preventative maintenance schedules, repairs and upkeep of interior finish standards, and end-of-life cycle replacement strategies for building equipment and systems.
- Participates in planning and execution of capital construction projects and equipment purchases.
- Works with national, regional, and corporate contacts, as well as local contractors on mitigating expenditures.
- Maintains documentation of required accreditation and compliance related activities with emphasis on Environment of Care, Life Safety, and Emergency Management standards.
- Coordinates environmental rounds with hospital departments and takes appropriate steps to address identified issues.
- Organizes, plans, and manages time effectively to complete assignments.
- Meets position requirements and performs essential functions.
- Completes mandatory training and courses required by completion date.
- Reports questionable situations, concerns, complaints or harassment immediately.
- Proactively monitors and reviews safety programs to identify trends and ensures controls to limit safety risks.
- Interprets blueprints, works from sketches or verbal instructions; possesses explicit knowledge of building-specific Life Safety Code requirements in order to appropriately oversee construction activities, maintain Code compliance, and administer the Statement of Condition reporting function.
Address: 9181 Medcom Street, North Charleston 29406
Shift: Day Job
Job ID: 1916805