Encompass Health Careers
Encompass Health Rehabilitation Hospital of Nittany Valley
Encompass Health Rehabilitation Hospital of Nittany Valley is seeking to hire a full-time Nurse Manager to lead its team of nurses to provide superior rehabilitative care to our patients.
Encompass Health Nittany Valley is located in Pleasant Gap, PA, minutes from State College, Bellefonte, and Penn State University.
Primarily this is a Monday to Friday day shift position with rotating on-call. With 24/7 responsibility for the unit, the Nurse Manager also will plan to spend time on all shifts for visibility and staff support as needed including occasional weekends.
The role of a Nurse Manager involves:
* Assisting in the development of patient care programs, policies, and procedures that describe how patients' needs for nursing care, treatment, and services are assessed, evaluated, and met.
* Implementing the plans for providing nursing care, treatment, and services including the types and numbers of nursing personnel necessary to provide nursing care.
* Implementing an effective, ongoing program to measure, assess, and improve nursing care, treatment, and services delivered to patients.
* Coordinating with interdisciplinary teams including Therapy, Case Management, Pharmacy, and Physician staff.
* Promoting an environment and culture that enables our hospital to fulfill its mission by meeting or exceeding its goals, conveying the hospital mission to all staff, holding staff accountable for performance, and motivating staff to improve performance.
* Supervising and coordinating RN’s, LPN’s and aides, delivering nursing care on a 24-hour basis for assigned area.
* Coordinating administration and clinical activities, both inter and intra-departmentally, so that optimum patient care is provided, staffing is maintained and costs contained.
To attract and retain the best professionals, we offer a comprehensive and competitive benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, 401(k), college savings plan, employee assistance program, pre-paid legal plan and much more. Benefits are effective day one of employment!
Keywords: Nurse Manger, Nurse Supervisor, ADON, Med/Surg, Charge, Assistant Nurse Manager, DON
License or Certification:
- Current Pennsylvania RN licensure
- BLS certification with ACLS certification to be obtained within on year of hire or entry to position
- CRRN certification to be obtained within a year of meeting the eligibility requirement to sit for the examination
Education, Training and Years of Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing or related field preferred
- 5 years nursing experience with 2 years recently in an inpatient hospital experience
- Progressive nursing management experience including 24 hour accountability
- Served in leadership roles such as charge nurse or supervisor capacity where they had respolnsibility for reporting, issue resolution, setting direction and accountability for results
Address: 550 West College Avenue, Pleasant Gap 16823-8808
Shift: Day Job
Job ID: 1916810