Encompass Health Careers
Pharmacist, part-time approximately 24 hours per week to include evenings and weekends BENEFITS
Encompass Health Rehabilitation Hospital of Altoona (formerly HealthSouth Rehabilitation Hospital of Altoona) is an 80-bed acute rehabilitation hospital that provides comprehensive Inpatient and Outpatient rehabilitation. We offer a wide base of physical rehabilitative care for orthopedic, neurologic, multi-trauma, spinal cord injury, brain injury, stroke, pulmonary and cardiac rehabilitation needs.
Our hospital has a full complement of Therapists, Nurses, Neuropsychologists and Medical staff to offer the best possible outcomes for our patients. With an average length of stay of approximately 2 weeks, we have the ability to get to know our patients and their families.
We are proud of the fact that about 80% of the patients admitted to Encompass Health Rehabilitation Hospital of Altoona are discharged directly to their homes.
Come see how we are changing people’s lives- everyday. Maybe you can too!
Six JCAHO disease specific certification: Stroke, Spinal Cord Injury, Brain Injury, Cardiac and Ortho Rehab, Advanced Diabetes.
The Pharmacist contributes to excellent patient outcomes and satisfaction through:
- Ensuring the daily operations within the hospital pharmacy allow the pharmacy to meet all customer and patient expectations.
- Contributing to and developing pharmacy specific policies and procedures, ensuring all policies and procedures meet all applicable Joint Commission and other auditing agency regulations.
- Participating on the interdisciplinary team; providing the appropriate information to the team and utilizing the information received to ensure positive patient outcomes.
- Accurate interpretation of medication orders, and compound and dispense medication preparations in accordance with the legal and professional standards of pharmacy practice.
Job Code: 100091
- Licensed in good standing by the appropriate state pharmacy board.
Education, Training and Years of Experience:
- Successful completion a degree from an accredited pharmacy program or one that is determined to be substantially equivalent to a U.S. accredited program by an appropriate certifying agency preferred.
- Minimum 1 year of supervisory experience.
- Good visual acuity and ability to communicate.
- Ability to lift a minimum of 25 pounds and ability push/pull a minimum of 50 pounds, which includes the lifting, pushing and/or pulling of medical supplies and equipment.
Address: 2005 Valley View Blvd, Altoona 16602
Job ID: 1916919