Encompass Health Careers
Physical Therapist, Senior - F/T: 2 years of experience required; 3+ years of experience preferred Monday-Friday, 9am-5:30pm
Encompass Health Rehabilitation Hospital of Tinton Falls A Joint Venture of Encompass Health and Monmouth Medical Center
Senior Physical Therapist: Full Time - 2 years of experience required; 3+ years of experience preferred
Shift info or special instructions for posting:
- Effective training and mentoring skills of students and staff
- Experience assisting with and/or over sighting daily operations
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills
- Specialty certification and/or concentration in area of practice preferred
The Senior Physical Therapist provides physical therapy according to hospital, state, professional and federal regulations and guidelines, and demonstrates and promotes excellence in physical therapy patient care and treatment. In addition, the position:
- Requires effective mentoring and training skills along with good communication skills for departmental relationships.
- Requires competency in physical therapy evaluation, assessment, care planning and treatment.
- Requires task delegation and supervision of physical therapist assistants and technicians.
- Assists with scheduling physical therapy in-services education, physical therapy student program, physical therapists and assistants orientation
- Assists with physical therapist and assistant mentoring, training and communications to drive physical therapy excellence for patient treatments.
- Maintains open and on-going communication with hospital departments to ensure patient, staff, and hospital needs are met.
- Typically provides patient care in licensed discipline 90% to 95% of work hours.
The Senior Physical Therapist creates an environment and culture that enables the hospital to fulfill its mission by helping staff to improve their clinical skills, and overall performance, through staff developing and mentoring.
License or Certification:
- Must be in possession of current state license or certification on or before the first day of employment.
- CPR certification preferred unless otherwise required by hospital policy.
- Ability to lift, lower, push, pull and retrieve objects weighing a minimum of 30 pounds of medical supplies and equipment and the transferring and repositioning of patients. Reasonable assistance may be requested when lifting, pushing and/or pulling are undertaken which exceeds these minimum requirements.
Address: 2 Centre Plaza, Tinton Falls 07724
Shift: Day Job
Job ID: 1916924