Encompass Health Careers
Systems Engineer III
Encompass Health is seeking an individual to assist with the architecture, deployment, and sustainment of enterprise class data center infrastructure solutions. The ideal candidate would work well as part of a larger team while being self-motivated and results oriented.
The Systems Engineer III job classification is a subject matter expert position requiring complex solution design and project implementation. Clear communications skills with users, management, and across functional teams are required along with the ability to architect and maintain solutions driven by organizational strategy and objectives.
The specific technical duties of this position are to assist with all aspects of data center infrastructure environments and lead various projects as needed. These duties will not include the administration of networking, voice communications, or security appliances. High technical knowledge in one or more of the following areas is required, and proficiency in most of the following areas is desired:
• Enterprise backups; Avamar and Data Domain experience preferred.
• Active Directory, including Group Policy creation/maintenance and AD security hardening.
• UCS hardware.
• DNS, including internal and external zones.
• OS administration, including Windows and UNIX/Linux.
• Load Balancers, Big IP or NetScaler experience preferred.
• Cisco Tetration.
• Storage technologies.
• Monitoring/alerting technologies.
• Disaster Recovery technologies.
Job Code: 100745
License or Certification:
- Valid state driver's license
Total Education, Vocational Training and Experience:
• Associates Degree or Undergraduate degree preferred
• Minimum 7 years of experience
• Relevant Information Technology certifications preferred
• Familiar with regulatory compliance
Privacy and Security
• Advanced understanding and demonstrated competency in the following areas:
Troubleshooting abilities in a multi-tier architecture
Manage and maintain site-related documentation
Produce progress, problem and status reports, as required by management
Manage service providers for prompt problem resolution
Incident Management, Change management and Problem Management
Hardware installation, configuration and maintenance
Software installation, configuration and maintenance
Performance monitoring and tuning
System backup and recovery methods
Disaster recovery processes
Large scale project/effort management
Group interaction, influence and leadership to accomplish tasks and solve technical problems
Large scale infrastructure design and implementation
Research and recommend innovations, automations, and approaches
Create and enforce standards
Present solutions to management
Core Infrastructure Systems Engineer III responsibilities:
• Experience in design, implementation, administration, and support of two or more of the following technologies:
UNIX/Linux/Windows Operating Systems
Backups and restores
Disaster recovery tools and procedures
Storage area networks and related storage technologies
Name and directory services
User and Password management
File and print servers
Automated server patching
Server configuration management
VMware Configuration Manager
Data center operations
Public key infrastructure
Web server load balancing and SSL offloading
Address: 9001 Liberty Parkway, Birmingham 35242
Job ID: 1917351