Encompass Health Careers
Case Manager - RN or LSW - $8,000 SIGN ON BONUS!
Encompass Health Rehabilitation Hospital of New England
Encompass Health Rehabilitation Hospital of New England is a 210-bed inpatient rehabilitation hospital that offers comprehensive inpatient and outpatient rehabilitation services designed to return patients to leading active and independent lives. Our hospital provides a wide range of physical rehabilitation services, a vast network of highly skilled, independent private practice physicians and Encompass Health therapists and nurses, and the most innovative equipment and rehabilitation technology, ensuring that all patients have access to the highest quality care.
Our hospital offers highly specialized inpatient rehabilitation services. From hip fractures to joint replacements and stroke to Parkinson’s disease – our hospital has the experts, technology and experience to meet our patients’ rehabilitation needs.
The Case Manager (CM) serves as a key member of the interdisciplinary team and actively manages and directs resource utilization to achieve the highest quality outcomes during a patient's rehabilitation experience.
The CM coordinates and advocates for the patient during their hospitalization, from admission to post discharge. As an effective communicator, the CM manages information to effectively oversee health care delivery and facilitate interdisciplinary plan of care decisions.
The CM facilitates timely communication regarding the patient's care, establishes and monitors the discharge plan implementation while identifying and addressing patient's psychosocial and support systems issues.
The Case Manager oversees the effective coordination of services and manages issues in the following main areas: admission and discharge, team conference and interdisciplinary plan of care communication, patient and family education, payor relations and total fiscal management.
The CM performs ongoing utilization review and acts as a liaison to the payor while assuring that cost effective treatment is provided by the team.
The CM assures that regulations regarding patient's rights are fulfilled.
License and Certification:
- Must be qualified to independently complete an assessment within the scope of practice of his/her discipline (for example, RN, SW, OT, PT, ST, and Rehabilitation Counseling).
- If licensure is required for his/her discipline within his/her state, individual must hold an active license.
- Must meet eligibility requirements for CCM® or ACM certification upon entry into this position OR within two years of entry into the position.
- CCM® or ACM certification required OR must be obtained within two years of being placed in the Case Manager II position.
Education, Training and Years of Experience:
- For Nursing, must possess minimum of an Associate Degree in Nursing, RN licensure with BSN preferred. A diploma is acceptable only in those states whose minimum requirement for licensure or certification is a diploma rather than an Associate Degree.
- For all other eligible licensed or certified health care professionals, must possess a minimum of a baccalaureate degree and graduate degree is preferred.
- 2 years of rehabilitation experience preferred
Machines, Equipment Used:
- General office equipment such as telephone, copy machine, fax machine, calculator, computer.
- Good visual acuity and ability to communicate.
- Ability to lift, lower, push, pull, and retrieve objects weighing a minimum of 30 pounds. Reasonable assistance may be requested when lifting, pushing, and/or pulling are undertaken which exceeds these minimum requirements.
- Adheres to the company's Standards of Business Conduct.
- Maintains current licensure and/or certifications, if applicable.
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to speak, read, write, and communicate effectively.
- Ability to coordinate, analyze, observe, make decisions, and meet deadlines in a detail-oriented manner.
- Ability to work independently without supervision.
- Indoor, temperature controlled, smoke-free environment. Occasional outdoor exposure.
- Exposure or potential exposure to blood and body fluids may be required.
- Handicapped accessible.
- May work under stressful circumstances at times.
Proficiency or Productivity Standards:
- Meets established attendance standards.
- Adheres to hospital/department dress code including wearing ID badge.
- May be required to work weekdays and/or weekends, evenings and or night shifts if needed to meet deadlines.
- May be required to work on religious and/or legal holidays on scheduled days/shifts.
- Will be required to work as necessary during disaster situations, i.e., before, during or after a disaster.
- May be required to stay after workday to assist after a disaster situation until relief arrives.
- May be required to perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Address: 2 Rehabilitation Way, Woburn 01801
Shift: Day Job
Job ID: 1917574