Encompass Health Rehabilitation Hospital of New England
Who are We
Our hospital is a 210-bed inpatient rehabilitation hospital that offers comprehensive inpatient rehabilitation services designed to return patients leading active and independent lives. Our hospital provides a wide range of physical rehabilitation services, a vast network of highly skilled physicians and therapists, and the most innovative equipment and rehabilitation technology, ensuring that all patients have access to the highest quality care.
Combined talent of leaders and healthcare professionals we strive to provide top quality care to our patients and community we serve. Click here to meet the team and take a hospital tour.
Our Developing Future CNO Program
The Associate Chief Nursing Officer position is designed to prepare leaders who aspire to be the chief nursing officer of a hospital. Program members learn through experience and mentorship how to lead significant improvements in the hospital’s nursing outcomes. Upon successful completion of the program, associate CNOs may apply to any open CNO opportunities across our national footprint. In most cases, this requires program participants to relocate after completion of program.
The Associate Chief Nursing Officer position is a 12-18 month hospital CNO-in-training assignment. The Associate CNO is responsible for developing and demonstrating the necessary qualifications to become a CNO while leading significant and successful improvements in the hospital's nursing outcomes. The Associate CNO reports to the hospital's CNO, is a member of the hospital's senior leadership team, and manages others - with progressively increasing responsibility based on demonstrated ability and hospital needs. The Associate CNO is expected to complete the Developing Future CNOs program curriculum and other tasks as assigned.
Job Code: 101105
- Required: Current RN licensure appropriate to state regulations (unrestricted)
- BLS certification (ACLS Preferred)
- CRRN certification to be obtained within a year of meeting the eligibility requirement to sit for the examination.
- Masters of Science in Nursing or related field (preferred, with an expectation of earning within 5 years of placement as a CNO).
- Bachelors of Science in Nursing, unless higher degree required by state.
- Required: Five years of nursing experience.
- Required: Three years of experience in an inpatient hospital setting.
- Required: Two years of recent (within the last 5 years) Nursing Management experience with responsibilities including: 24 hour accountability, FTE management, policy, procedure, and budgetary oversight, and conducting disciplinary action.
- Required: Relocation after completion of program to hospital with open position
Address: 2 Rehabilitation Way, Woburn 01801
Job ID: 1917735