Encompass Health Careers
Rehab Nursing Tech 7p - 7a SIGN ON BONUS $2000
A Rehabilitation Nurse Technician acts in a team member capacity to help the patients, staff members, and the hospital achieve their goals. They are active in department activities to ensure individualized patient-centered health care for all patient populations admitted to HealthSouth.
The Rehabilitation Nurse Technician is also responsible for:
- Assisting the RN/LPN in completing tasks that support patient care activities and treatments which can include dressing care, blood pressures, bed transfers, ADLs, feeding assistance, ambulation to therapy.
- Providing direct patient care activities appropriate to training and competency
- Ensures that department is kept clean and organized
- Assists with equipment maintenance and cleaning of supplies
- Completes patient care activities as assigned while promoting excellent patient satisfaction and outcomes but encouraging patient to do more than they thought they could.
- Ensure that patients and families receive the highest quality of service in a caring and compassionate atmosphere, which recognizes the individual’s needs and rights
POSITION REQUIREMENTS AND ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
License or Certification:
- CPR certification
Education, Training and Years of Experience:
- One year experience in inpatient general hospital setting preferred
Machines, Equipment Used:
- General office equipment such as telephone, copy machine, fax machine, calculator, computer.
- Good visual acuity and ability to communicate.
- Ability to lift a minimum of 30 pounds and ability push/pull a minimum of 30 pounds, which includes the lifting, pushing and/or pulling of medical supplies and equipment and the transferring and repositioning of patients. Reasonable assistance may be requested when lifting, pushing, and/or pulling are undertaken which exceeds these minimum requirements.
- Ability to withstand prolonged standing and walking.
- Ability to reach, stoop, bend, kneel, and crouch are required for patient care functions and in setting up and monitoring equipment
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to speak, read, write, and communicate effectively.
- Ability to coordinate, analyze, observe, make decisions, and meet deadlines in a detail-oriented manner.
- Ability to work independently without supervision.
- Indoor, temperature controlled, smoke-free environment. Occasional outdoor exposure.
- Exposure or potential exposure to blood and body fluids may be required.
- Handicapped accessible.
- May work under stressful circumstances at times.
Proficiency or Productivity Standards:
- Meets established attendance standards.
- Adheres to hospital/department dress code including wearing ID badge.
- May be required to work weekdays and/or weekends, evenings and or night shifts if needed to meet deadlines.
- May be required to work on religious and/or legal holidays on scheduled days/shifts.
- Will be required to work as necessary during disaster situations, i.e., before, during or after a disaster.
- May be required to stay after workday to assist after a disaster situation until relief arrives.
- May be required to perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Address: 1850 Normandie Drive, York 17408
Shift: Day Job
Job ID: 1917807
Contact Name - External: Tanya Hastings
Contact Email - External: Tanya.Hastings@encompasshealth.com