Encompass Health Rehabilitation Hospital of Altamonte Springs
The Senior Speech-Language Pathologist provides speech-language therapy according to hospital, state, professional and federal regulations and guidelines, and demonstrates and promotes excellence in speech-language patient care and treatment. In addition, the position:
- Requires effective mentoring and training skills along with good communication skills for departmental relationships.
- Requires competency in speech-language pathology evaluation, assessment, care planning and treatment.
- Requires task delegation and supervision of speech therapy assistants and technicians when applicable.
- Assists with scheduling speech-language in-services education, speech-language pathologist student program, speech therapist (and assistant if applicable) orientation
- Assists with speech-language pathologist (and assistant if applicable) mentoring, training and communications to drive speech-language therapy excellence for patient treatments.
- Maintains open and on-going communication with hospital departments to ensure patient, staff, and hospital needs are met.
- Typically provides patient care in speech-language pathology of 90% to 95% of work hours.
The Senior Speech-Language Pathologist creates an environment and culture that enables the hospital to fulfill its mission by helping staff to improve their clinical skills.
To attract and retain the best professionals, we offer a comprehensive and competitive Benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, 401(k), college savings plan, employee assistance program, pre-paid legal plan and much more. For more information on available Benefits, please click here.
What types of patients will you see? We are an acute rehabilitation hospital setting. Typically our patients spend an average of 2-4 weeks in our hospital and come to us with a wide variety of diagnosis such as: stroke, spinal cord injury, brain injury, various neurological disorders, rheumatoid arthritis, osteoarthritis, amputation, joint replacement, fractures, multiple trauma, cardiac conditions, and pulmonary conditions. 80% of our patients are discharged directly home.
We use evidence-based practice guidelines to treat our patients. We utilize our clinical outcomes to assess and improve our treatment interventions and programs. We participate in a national outcomes database, which provides benchmarks and sophisticated outcome reports to help us continually analyze and improve our patient outcomes.
Helping you become better is critical to our success
- You will be paired with mentors; attend in-house as well as external educational programs. The treatment team is made up of full time therapists, nurses, social workers, pharmacists and medical staff; a great way to learn beyond your own discipline.
Job Code: 100030
License or Certification:
- Must be in possession of current state license or certification on or before the first day of employment.
- CPR certification preferred unless otherwise required by hospital policy.
Education, Training and Experience:
- Successful completion of a Master's degree or higher from an accredited therapy program or one that is determined to be substantially equivalent to a U.S. accredited program by an appropriate certifying agency preferred.
- A minimum of four years of speech-language pathology experience is required.
- Clinical specialist designation via our company's clinical ladder or professional organization.
- Good visual acuity and ability to communicate.
- Ability to lift a minimum of 30 pounds and ability push/pull a minimum of 30 pounds, which includes the lifting, pushing and/or pulling of medical supplies and equipment and the transferring and repositioning of patients. Reasonable assistance may be requested when lifting, pushing, and/or pulling are undertaken which exceeds these minimum requirements.
831 South State Road 434, Altamonte Springs 32714Shift:
Day JobJob ID: