The Admissions Liaison assumes the responsibility for the coordination of an effective, efficient admission process for all patients by receiving referrals, gathering and verifying pertinent information, and completing necessary procedures to schedule and admit inpatients and/or outpatients. This position is a key pull thru person for referrals and complies and inputs statistical information into appropriate hospital systems.
License or Certification:
- License clinician preferred
Total Education, Vocational Training and Experience:
- Minimum 1 year experience with hospital admissions procedures and regulatory guidelines for admission to a hospital.
- Minimum 1 year clinical experience with a strong understanding of multidisciplinary process and levels of care, preferred.
Machines, Equipment Used:
- General office equipment such as telephone, copy machine, fax machine, calculator, computer.
- Good visual acuity and ability to communicate.
- Ability to lift and push/pull a minimum of 30 pounds. Reasonable assistance may be requested when lifting, pushing, and/or pulling are undertaken which exceeds these minimum requirements.
- Adheres to the company's Standards of Business Conduct.
- Maintains current licensure and/or certifications, if applicable.
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to speak, read, write, and communicate effectively.
- Ability to coordinate, analyze, observe, make decisions, and meet deadlines in a detail-oriented manner.
- Ability to work independently without supervision.
- Indoor, temperature controlled, smoke-free environment. Occasional outdoor exposure.
- Exposure or potential exposure to blood and body fluids may be required.
- Handicapped accessible.
- May work under stressful circumstances at times.
Proficiency or Productivity Standards:
- Meets established attendance standards.
- Adheres to hospital/department dress code including wearing ID badge.
- May be required to work weekdays and/or weekends, evenings and or night shifts if needed to meet deadlines.
- May be required to work on religious and/or legal holidays on scheduled days/shifts.
- Will be required to work as necessary during disaster situations, i.e., before, during or after a disaster.
- May be required to stay after workday to assist after a disaster situation until relief arrives.
- May be required to perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Must be able to travel overnight to fulfill essential training requirements. Travel is infrequent, but necessary for training purposes. Minimum required travel includes training at Corporate Office in Birmingham, AL.
Address: 6400 Edgelake Drive, Sarasota 34240
Shift: Day Job
Job ID: 1918479