Encompass Health Careers
ENCOMPASS HEALTH REHABILITATION HOSPITAL – TOMS RIVER
This position codes diagnoses as documented in each patient medical record according to ICD-10 classification system, and assigns the impairment and CMS 13 group codes. No procedure coding required. The position abstracts information from the medical record and enters into PATCOM and UDSPROi and establishes an accurate and comprehensive data base all within The Joint Commission Standards, professional and regulatory agency, UHDDS guidelines and Encompass Health policies.
License or Certification:
Graduate of an accredited Health Information Technology Program or completion of AHIMA Independent Study Program or completion of advanced coding classes in
ICD-10 at an accredited college or vocational school preferred. Must have inpatient coding experience, excellent analytical skills, attention to detail and able to work autonomously. Must be a team player, have the ability to communicate effectively with all team members verbally and in writing.
Machines, Equipment Used:
- General office equipment such as telephone, copy machine, fax machine, calculator, computer.
- Good visual acuity and ability to communicate.
- Ability to lift, lower, push, pull, and retrieve objects weighing a minimum of 30 pounds.
- Ability to lift, lower, push, pull and retrieve approximately 10 percent of the time.
- Ability to sit 90 percent of the time.
- Ability to demonstrate safe retrieval skills from above head to floor level with objects up to ten pounds.
- Adheres to the company's Standards of Business Conduct.
- Maintains current licensure and/or certifications, if applicable.
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to speak, read, write, and communicate effectively in English.
- Ability to coordinate, analyze, observe, make decisions, and meet deadlines in a detail-oriented manner.
- Ability to work independently without supervision.
- Indoor, temperature controlled, smoke-free environment. Occasional outdoor exposure.
- Exposure or potential exposure to blood and body fluids may be required.
- Handicapped accessible.
- May work under stressful circumstances at times.
Proficiency or Productivity Standards:
- Will be required to meet established attendance standards.
- Will be required to adhere to hospital/department dress code including wearing ID badge.
- May be required to work weekdays and/or weekends, evenings and or night shifts if needed to meet deadlines.
- May be required to work on religious and/or legal holidays on scheduled days/shifts.
- Will be required to work as necessary during disaster situations, i.e., before, during or after a disaster.
- May be required to stay after workday to assist after a disaster situation until relief arrives.
- May be required to perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Address: 14 Hospital Drive, Toms River 08755
Shift: Day Job
Job ID: 1918956
Contact Name - External: Nancy Ragan
Contact Email - External: Nancy.Ragan@encompasshealth.com