Encompass Health Careers
Central Regional VP, Controller | Overland Park, KS
Encompass Health is currently looking for a Regional Vice President Controller to help support our Central Region. This region consists of nineteen hospitals throughout Ohio, Indiana, Kentucky, Tennessee, Illinois, Missouri, Kansas, Iowa and South Dakota.
In this position, the Regional VP, Controller will work closely with National leadership, regional leadership, and each hospital's CEO & Controller to set objectives, develop strategies for success and monitor performance.
Candidates are required to work at the Encompass Health Central Regional Office located in Overland Park, KS. The position will require up to 80% travel.
Critical focus areas will be overseeing financial operations for 19 hospitals across multiple states (central region will add 2 locations in 2020). Holding direct reports accountable for performance, motivating staff to improve performance and being responsible for the operation of the department, measurement, assessment and continuous improvement of the department's performance.
• Oversee Financial Operations for 19 hospitals in Ohio, Indiana, Kentucky, Tennessee, Illinois, Missouri, Kansas, Iowa and South Dakota..
• Accurate and timely analysis of
• Preparation, presentation and management of annual operating budget for the Region
• Strong working knowledge of Medicare part A IRF payment system as well as non-Medicare reimbursement systems
• Work with hospitals to maintain optimum cost controls and labor costs while providing excellent patient care
• Successful Internal Audit engagements for multiple hospitals
• Support Regional President and Hospital CEOs with daily operational functions
• Monitor weekly, monthly and quarterly achievement goals
Qualified candidates will combine management leadership experience, business acumen, and strong communication skills to drive performance and results across all hospitals in the region.
Candidates will be required to travel to each hospital in order to provide on-site support and conduct periodic audits.
As with all leadership, this position will support cultural diversity by ensuring that the delivery of quality, equitable and culturally competent patient-centered care is provided; and promoting and maintaining an inclusive work environment and culture that is respectful and accepting of diversity.
Address: 5701 W. 110th Street, Overland Park 66211
Shift: Day Job
Job ID: 1919322