Encompass Health Careers
BI/Data Warehousing Specialist
Assists with overall general support of the data warehouse and Business Intelligence environments. Under direct supervision, assists in performing enhancements to the Data Warehouse and BI environments that are of simple to moderate complexity. Reviews data loaded into the data warehouse for accuracy. Assists in the troubleshooting of existing data warehouse applications. Codes and documents scripts and stored procedures. Develops appropriate program and systems documentation. Prepares and implements data verification and testing methods. Assists in developing and documenting business intelligence applications that meet all current BI architecture standards. Assists in resolution of support tickets.
Job Code: 100987
License or Certification:
- Valid state driver's license
Education, Training and Years of Experience:
- Associates Degree or Undergraduate degree preferred
- Entry level
- Familiar with:
-Systems development life cycle for packaged applications
-Business requirements definition and documentation
-Common system and user acceptance testing procedures
-End user training execution and documentation
- Database Developer requirements:
- Database developers will have exposure in one or more of the following areas:
-Relational Database Platform
-Database modeling and design
-Database Programming preferred (PL/SQL, TSQL, etc.)
- BI developer requirements:
-BI developers will have exposure one or more of the following technologies:
-Reporting tools (Microsoft Access, SSRS, BI products, etc.)
-Other BI technologies
- BI Developers will have exposure one or more of the following areas:
-User Interface design
Machines, Equipment Used:
- General office equipment such as telephone, copy machine, fax machine, calculator, computer.
- Good visual acuity and ability to communicate.
- Ability to lift, lower, push, pull, and retrieve objects weighing a minimum of 30 pounds including medical supplies and equipment and the transferring and repositioning of patients. Reasonable assistance may be requested when lifting, pushing, and/or pulling are undertaken which exceeds these minimum requirements.
- Ability to withstand prolonged standing and walking.
- Ability to reach, stoop, bend, kneel, and crouch are required for patient care functions and in setting up and monitoring equipment
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to speak, read, write, and communicate effectively.
- Ability to coordinate, analyze, observe, make decisions, and meet deadlines in a detail-oriented manner.
- Ability to work independently without constant supervision.
- Indoor, temperature controlled, smoke-free environment. Occasional outdoor exposure.
- Exposure or potential exposure to blood and body fluids may be required.
- Handicapped accessible.
- May work under stressful circumstances at times.
Proficiency or Productivity Standards:
- Has regular, reliable and predictable attendance and punctuality.
- Adheres to hospital/department dress code including wearing ID badge.
- May be required to work weekdays and/or weekends, evenings and or night shifts if needed to meet deadlines.
- May be required to work on religious and/or legal holidays on scheduled days/shifts.
- Will be required to work as necessary during disaster situations, i.e., before, during or after a disaster.
- May be required to stay after workday to assist after a disaster situation until relief arrives.
- May be required to perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Address: 9001 Liberty Parkway, Birmingham 35242
Job ID: 1920349