Encompass Health Careers
Diet Technician (Pool)
Fairlawn Rehabilitation Hospital, an affiliate of Encompass Health
Conducts nutritional addendum, documents all pertinent information in patients’ medical record, and conducts calorie counts recommending supplements, as needed.
Provides nutrition education to the patients to obtain food preferences and diet histories
- Modifies and monitors patient menus.
Distributes and collects menus, assists patients with diet orders – menu processing.
Updates patient kardex as required to include all diet changes and documents nourishments as ordered.
Visits patients to gather food preferences, allergies and to document all nutritional history.
Completes production sheets and documents all special food requests.
Checks patient tray lines to ensure that each mean is accurate as to diet, patient request, and is garnished appropriately.
Prepares and checks early trays; assures that food carts leave kitchen at scheduled times.
-Associates degree or equivalent (Minimum one year experience as a Diet Tech required).
-Knowledge of federal, state, local, JCAHO and other applicable regulations
-Machines, Equipment Used:
General office equipment such as telephone, copy machine, fax machine, calculator, computer. Physical Requirements: - Good visual acuity and ability to communicate. - Ability to lift, push, pull and retrieve approximately 100% of the time.
- Ability to safely lift and carry objects weighing up to 50 pounds on a regular basis.
- Ability to safely push/pull objects weighing up to 150 pounds on wheels, with assistance, if necessary. The push/pull weight will be based on a loaded maximum weight of 300 pounds per cart.
- Ability to demonstrate safe retrieval skills from above the head to floor level with objects up to 50 pounds. - Ability to withstand prolonged standing and walking. - Ability to reach, stoop, bend, kneel, and crouch are required for patient care functions and in setting up and monitoring equipment.
- Adheres to the company's Standards of Business Conduct.
- Maintains current licensure and/or certifications, if applicable. Skills and Abilities: - Ability to speak, read, write, and communicate effectively. - Ability to coordinate, analyze, observe, make decisions, and meet deadlines in a detail-oriented manner. - Ability to work independently without supervision. Environmental Conditions: - Indoor, temperature controlled, smoke-free environment. Occasional outdoor exposure.
- Exposure or potential exposure to blood and body fluids may be required. - Handicapped accessible. - May work under stressful circumstances at times. - Wet surfaces and sharp objects and high noise levels possible - Hot and cold temperatures extremes Proficiency or Productivity Standards: - Meets established attendance standards.
- Adheres to hospital/department dress code including wearing ID badge.
- May be required to work weekdays and/or weekends, evenings and or night shifts if needed to meet deadlines.
- May be required to work on religious and/or legal holidays on scheduled days/shifts. - Will be required to work as necessary during disaster situations, i.e., before, during or after a disaster.
- May be required to stay after workday to assist after a disaster situation until relief arrives. - May be required to perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Address: 189 May Street, Worcester 01602
Shift: Day Job
Schedule: PRN / Pool / As Needed
Job ID: 1920475