Encompass Health Aviation is currently seeking an aviation professional to support the corporate aviation department located in Birmingham, Alabama. The experienced and certified Airframe and Powerplant Technician will provide technical support of company’s corporate aircraft, enhance the aircraft dispatch reliability and operational effectiveness, administer effective standards of quality and airworthiness for Part 91 Operations.
Some of the responsibilities will include:
License or Certification: - FAA Airframe and Power Plant license Education, Training and Years of Experience: - High School Diploma or equivalent preferred - Extensive aviation experience Machines, Equipment Used: - General office equipment such as telephone, copy machine, fax machine, calculator, computer. - Assorted maintenance equipment i.e. hydraulic mules, avionics test equipment Physical Requirements: - Good visual acuity and ability to communicate. - Ability to lift a minimum of 30 pounds and ability push/pull a minimum of 50 pounds, which includes the lifting, pushing and/or pulling of supplies and equipment. Reasonable assistance may be requested when lifting, pushing, and/or pulling are undertaken which exceeds these minimum requirements. Skills and Abilities: - Ability to speak, read, write, and comprehend English. - Ability to coordinate, analyze, observe, make decisions, and meet deadlines in a detail-oriented manner. - Ability to work independently without supervision. Environmental Conditions: - Indoor, temperature controlled, smoke-free environment. Frequent outdoor exposure. - Exposure or potential exposure to hazardous and volatile materials. - Will work under stressful circumstances at times. Proficiency or Productivity Standards: - Meets established attendance standards. - Adheres to dress code including wearing ID badge. - May be required to work weekdays and/or weekends, evenings and or night shifts if needed to meet deadlines. - May be required to work on religious and/or legal holidays on scheduled days/shifts. - Irregular workday and flexibility of schedule is a requirement of position.
• Assist in managing the aircraft maintenance program by ensuring timely scheduling and method of maintenance to minimize impact of flight schedule
• Provide complex aircraft inspections, pre and post flight checks, and repairs. Perform maintenance, preventive maintenance and inspections which comply with Federal Aviation Administration regulations, manufacturers schedule and company’s standards
• Perform unscheduled maintenance and repairs of aircraft as needed
• Travel and support of aircraft during service center visits and as third crew member when necessary
• Fuel, launch and receive aircraft flight and assist with passengers
• Maintain aircraft records in appropriate programs and aircraft log records and any other required documentation in accordance with FAA regulations and company policy
• Meets or exceed ISBAO best practices standards
Address: 9001 Liberty Parkway, Birmingham 35242
Shift: Day Job
Job ID: 1922040